“Nice surprise”
Review of Hotel Villa Royale

Hotel Villa Royale
Reviewed 5 April 2013

I will admit that I didn't have high expectations for this place when we booked it. Very affordable. But when we arrived we found very friendly and helpful staff and an updated interior and nice bathroom. We even had superior help in coordinating close proximity of the 2 rooms our group reserved. Our beds were very comfortable (not always my experience in European hotels). As is often found, the beds were 2 twins pushed together. I ended up taking the smaller of our two rooms so the family could have the bathtub and extra space for the kid but I actually enjoyed the bathroom/shower area better. FYI a very nice and supposedly not too expensive restaurant is directly across the street and if your are arriving late (before 10:00 or 10:30 pm most nights) like us there is a pizza hit apps a brisk 10 minute walk down the street. Each room had a mini fridge and mine had a/c. Bottom line...if I come back to Brussels I'd consider staying here again. Please forgive the messy room I forgot to take pics when I arrived before I started to get settled.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 7 March 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Mae E
Reviewed 26 February 2013

The hotel is located in 10-15 minutes of walking from Gare du Nord. It is standing in a wide street and surrounded by a nice buildings. But it seems to me that the area blocks are more business than residential. Close to the hotel there are almost no shops (in the corner we've seen a supermarket, but it was closed), no restaurants. To buy something or eat, you should go to Gare du Nord, or to the city center, which is not too close but not too far away. The hotel staff is quite polite. The hotel has a lift.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank comedi
Reviewed 23 February 2013

The person who checked me in ignored me for 10 minutes, I have booked through booking.com as breakfast was included and free wifi in the whole building but he told me it was not true!!!Bed linen were short but on the last day they let me in the room till 2pm.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank MandraMandrake
Reviewed 15 November 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I had a room on the first floor on the street side. This means a lot of street noise (cars on uneven pavement and trams), which I personally don't mind. On the other hand, the free wifi is only for the lobby, but it did reach the first floor, allowing me to skype, watch TV online, etc. The breakfast was 10 euros extra, so I just picked up a coffee and croissant on my way to work. All in all, decent value-for-money by Brussels standards.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Had low expectations, but was pretty average. 20 min walk to central square. Small room, with no amenities except tv and good aircon. Shame no tea. No iron. Bed comfy. Quiet enough. Breakfast was grim, but I'm told it's the norm in Brussels.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BucksEN
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Hotel BLOOM!
#66 of 199 in Brussels
hotel prince de liege
hotel prince de liege
#5 of 6 in Anderlecht

Been to Hotel Villa Royale? Share your experiences!