“Great bang for your buck”
Review of Hotel Villa Royale

Hotel Villa Royale
Reviewed 21 July 2014

There is nothing special about the Villa Royale, except the price.
That is not a criticism but a compliment. So often I have stayed in cheap hotels and found tht I would rather have paid the extra money to stay somewhere nicer.
The Villa Royale is clean, comfortable and accomodating. The rooms are large and comfortable. Perhaps they could do with modernising but I was not put off by the current decor.
The hotel is about a 15/20 minute walk from the centre of Brussels with good transport links.
Breakfast was a little bland but again, please be reminded of the price you paid compared to the skyhigh prices of other Brussels hotels.
Staff were friendly and we found free parking on nearby streets quite easily.
Overall, if you are looking for a cheap and clean place to stay with no intention of holing up in your room for most of your stay, then I would recommend the Villa Royale. If you want a little trendier place to lay your head then this is not the place for you.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
5  Thank HSed22

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We spend there just 2 nights.
Everything was O.K. Hotel is old but inside is reconstructed but is located in a part where is a lot of taverns, kebabs and small shops with bulgarian or romania specialties.
In hotel was a little of heat because there is not aircondition.
There is Wifi, but I am not sure if is free, you need a password our teacher told us it, but I am not sure if you dont have to pay. On the website is that it is free...
I had a small problem with shower because it was low for me, but shower stall is capacious.
Hotel is located near from metro station about ..400meters.
But around are just a few pubs or bars. Near the hotel is a small supermarkets carrefou or tesco express ..something like this.
Small problem was, that our room had windows on a street and there are buses and trams and in the morning there was a noisy. Bus and tram station are about 100 meateers from hotel
When we arrived at midnight to hotel from pub we were a affraid of dangerous people which were in the streats near the hotel.

We had a halfboard.
Dinners was just two types of food but it was ok. And breakfast was standart cheese ham coffe butter....

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Honza D
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

We were satisfied with our staying in Hotel Villoyale. A city centre hotel in a good area with many eating places and super markets around being opened till late. Walking distance 15min to the city centre and good bus and tram connections.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank SantelleMel
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Good location, friendly staff. Old fashioned hotel from the late 70'. The room is O.K., clean, modern, but very-very small. All in all it's perfect for an overnight if you do not want to spend hundreds of euros.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ArthurSmith66
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

For the price and previous reviews I wasn't expecting much from this hotel. The room was decent but a bit small and the shower head didn't work properly. However, very close to botanique metro station and walkable to Gare du Nord. Also walkable to Grand palace.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Asam31
Reviewed 25 March 2014

At first me and my fiancé arrived early from flying in, and first impressions were of a clean well thought out hotel in a nice location.

Unfortunately what was to follow was not what I would have expected from a 3 star hotel, for starters it was a struggle to manuver our bags around the cleaners trolley in the narrow passages, the toilet not properly fixed to the floor was filling with water all day and night. Then there was the shower I like a power shower but my god a very hard to use skin ripping or dribbling burning or freezing. Another top point was looking onto rue royal and having an unbearable road and tram noise all day and night with draufty I'll fitted old windows. We now come to my last nights stay where we were not under the impression that you have to be woken up by a decorator with a paintbrush and filling knife in his hand despite having a do not disturb sign on the door. After being rudely awakend we chose to pop Down for some breakfast we were rudely told we had not paid for breakfast and we should immediately go to reception, because couldn't be put on the room of course, it then became clear why they wanted money upfront stale bread, with nasty ham and cheese, enough said worst continental breakfast ever. One redeeming thing about this Fawlty towers of a hotel was the friendly receptionist who helped with getting us back to the airport and were to go whilst in Brussels. If I ever go again I will certainly be avoiding the hotel with the promising a name

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank henry c
Reviewed 20 March 2014

This hotel is the epitome of horrible. The carpet is dirty, the showers are growing MOLD and the furniture inside the room is soiled. The heat also in the room didn't work. My wife and I, changed rooms 3x, we had to warm the room with a blow dryer. My wife left a piece of jewelry in one of the rooms we were transferring from, we asked for the key to get in the room to get the jewelry, the staff swore up and down that within an hour after midnight someone had occupied and we were NOT allowed to go in the room to retrieve our jewelry. I CHECKED OUT OF THERE INSTANTLY. I would suggest staying across the street at Hotel Bloom! Excellent staff and VERY GREAT HOTEL.

• Stayed: February 2014
5  Thank DreEnergy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
0 mi away
Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi
Hotel Queen Anne
Hotel Queen Anne
#102 of 199 in Brussels

Been to Hotel Villa Royale? Share your experiences!