“Clean and quiet” 4 of 5 bubbles

Progress Hotel
Dublin, Ireland
“Clean and quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2013

Nice and clean room, very helpful receptionist who helped us to make a table reservation at a restaurant and even printed out the directions for us. The location is very good, close to Rogier metro stop and just 15 min walk to Grand Palace.

Did not book breakfast, as it seems to be way overpriced.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Glemmy87
Victor C, General Manager at Progress Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2013
Dear Glemmy87,

Thank you for sharing with us your stay at hotel Progress.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed the cleanliness of your room, the professionalism of our employees, and the central location of our hotel.

We truly hope to welcome you back at hotel Progress, during your next stay in Brussels.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
  • Greek first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2013

The hotel is located about 5 mins walk from Rogier metro station and about 7-8 mins from Brussels North train station. It's easy to locate. The facilities provided are comparable to those of 4-5 star hotels. The rooms and bathrooms are very clean as well as the common areas throughout the hotel.The receptionist and officers are not very friendly but there's not much fuss about it.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank py0188
Victor C, Directeur général at Progress Hotel, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
Dear py0188,

We would like to thank you for having shared your experience at hotel Progress, with us.

We are glad to read that you enjoy the hotel’s central location.

The satisfaction of our guests is a daily work and be sure that such comments are very appreciated by all the employees who do their best to make you feel comfortable and happy.

We really hope to welcome you soon at Progress Hotel.

Bethesda, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a business trip. It is close to the train stain Gare Nord, which can be reached from the airport within 15 minutes. Nice design, good location, friendly staff. Rooms are adequate for the price and clean. I asked the staff for train connections back to the airport. I am not sure if they did not understand my English, but for some reason the friendly staff printed out completely wrong information. Thank good I had free internet (slow) in the rooms so that I could find the right departure times. In summary, I can recommend this place if you are looking for a room to sleep, need internet access to check your e-mails. I did not eat or have breakfast in the hotel since there are many cafes in the neighborhood.

Room Tip: Ask for a quite room, rooms facing the back are very quite.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank T016
Victor C, General Manager at Progress Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2013
Dear To 16,
First of all, we would like to thank you for sharing with us your experience during your stay at Hotel Progress.
We are very pleased to read that you were satisfied with the room and the value for money.
We have taken carefully note of your comments concerning your disappointment about your inquiry.
We truly hope to see you soon.

Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

I have stayed in a few hotels in Brussels and this is the best yet.

The location is where I like to stay, around Place Rogier. It is 5-10 minutes from Gare du Nord with a train service to the airport. This avoids expensive taxi fees from the airport. It is close to the city centre and there is a metro station nearby. I like to walk most places and then pick up my suitcase from the hotel before heading to the airport.

My room was a very good size and perfect for getting some work done with a large desk with a bright desk lamp and good chair. There were two additional armchairs with a table. I liked the free wifi though the signal was a bit weak in my room. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was nice. The room was modern, nicely decorated and so clean I wondered if it was recently painted. I couldn't hear anything from other rooms but unfortunately the air conditioning system did make a noise all the time even when switched off. A helpful member of staff came to help and while he did make it quieter, it was still noisy enough to need earplugs.

Breakfast was pleasant, a good selection of bread. I would like some more hot food, the only thing hot was boiled eggs. A quibble is I was not allowed sit down for breakfast until I got a breakfast voucher at reception. I was not told this when checking in and as I had just walked past reception it was slightly irritating having to go back.

Overall this hotel had everything I want in a business hotel, (except for an independent locking system on the door, ie chain). The price was reasonable for Brussels (which is more expensive than any other city I travel to). I will try it again and hopefully find a room without air conditioning noise.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank dubbie99
Victor C, Directeur général at Progress Hotel, responded to this review, 4 February 2013
Dear dubbie99,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your very kind and pleasant comment about your stay at the hotel Progress.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed that much you stay with us and especially that you liked the location of the hotel, the cleanliness and the size of your room and also the free Wifi.

We hope to have the pleasure and the luck to welcome you again in our hotel Progress during your next stay in Brussels.

Lisbon, Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2013

I stayed in this hotel for three times and it was always pleasant to stay there: clean design, good location and friendly staff. It has a convenient snack house just outside, with internal access for a quick meal.

Victor C, Directeur général at Progress Hotel, responded to this review, 1 February 2013
Dear Rui G,

I would like to thank you very much for your very kind comment about your stays in our Progress Hotel.

I am glad to read that you always enjoy the clean design and the good location of our hotel.

We always do our best in order to satisfy our guests and I am pleased to know that you also appreciate the staff of our hotel.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again at the Progress Hotel during your next stay in Brussels.

Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2013

Located within a short 10 minute walk of the Nord Gard train station and very near the Rogier metro stop. The Hilton, Sheraton and Crown Plaza hotels are all located nearby. Check-in was quick and we were pleasantly surprised to find that our room was ready at 10:30 am. The room that we were assigned faced a courtyard and was very functional with a small work area. A coffee machine, kettle and small fridge were situated in a small sitting area which had an end table between two arm chairs.
The wireless internet worked well and the room also had a small safe. We also restocked the fridge with items purchase at the corner store. The price of breakfast was really steep at 15E – we just visited the nearby pastry shops or you can eat a nice breakfast for 5E next door.
A comfortable stay.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Victor C, Directeur général at Progress Hotel, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
Dear CatharineB

Thank you very much for your very kind and detailed comment about your last stay at the Progress Hotel.

It’s a pleasure to read that you appreciated the location of the hotel as it is next to the metro stop Rogier and also that you enjoyed the fact we offer coffee in the room.

I am glad you appreciated that our wireless worked well during your stay and also the fact there is a safe in the room.

We hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you at the Progress Hotel for your next stay in Brussels.

Best Regards,
Las Vegas, Nevada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2013

My luggage was delayed 24 hours, no possibility of loaning me an adapter =12 euro.
Making plans on the telephone by calling another Brussels hotel, 56 euro.
Small SINGLE (TWIN) bed, whoa.... really? A bigger bed, another fee.

The location is decent, but for the price, travelers should get a little closer to Grand Place. There is a nice benefit of being close to the Nord train stop, so that might help you, but I'd rather be amongst the older buildings.

When booking this hotel, I was considering the Atlanta vs Progress, I'd make a different choice next time....

Room Tip: Facing the road, top floor, noise was not an issue as noted by other travelers.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kyle m
Victor C, Directeur général at Progress Hotel, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
Dear kyle m,

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your stay at the hotel Progress with us on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the location of the hotel which is near the North Train Station. The Grand Place is only 10 minutes walking so it is not that far from the hotel.

In case you had booked the other hotel, it was nearest from the Grand Place of course but you have to know also that it is located on a very noisy street.

We really hope to have the pleasure and the luck to welcome you again at the Progress Hotel for your next stay in Brussels in order to show you how much we wish to satisfy our guests.

Victor Camhis

Travellers are raving about these Saint-Josse-ten-Noode hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre
Hilton Brussels City
#4 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,176 reviews
Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace
Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le...
#2 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Hotel BLOOM!
#1 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,680 reviews
NH Collection Brussels Centre

Been to Progress Hotel? Share your experiences!