“A disasterous single room, but great breakfast”
Review of Hotel Albergo

Hotel Albergo
Reviewed 30 January 2013

My first night in the hotel Albergo I spent in a single room,which was a very surprising one- the en suite bathroom was separated from the room with curtains. The room was small and not at all cosy. The following nights I spent with my friends in a room for 5 pers. It was a nicer room and the bathroom was ok - with walls'n'doors.
To our great surprise the hotel served good breakfast- with fresh and warm croissants! (tasty cappuchino, cheese, ham, salami, hard boiled eggs, croissants).

The area of the hotel is close to the red light district, between the metro stops 'north station' and 'rogier'.

If you're chicken hearted, chose another place. I actually got used to the neighbourhood quite soon. Besides it's quite cheap. And the staff is very welcoming.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Katrine L

Reviewed 26 June 2012

according to the price it's a decouros hotel in a good position in Brussels city centre area.
essential in its structure, good breakfast and kind staff members

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank angelico b
Reviewed 12 June 2012

The location of the hotel is close to the Botanical garden but not so close to the metro station. The staff was very polite and kind. The room was very small, under the stairs and so close to the reception that I practically heard everything told. The toilet and the shower -bath were in the room. There was no ventilation and vapour and smell stay practivcally in the room. The window looked out on the grounds - small and dirty.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 5 January 2012

The room we stayed in was disgusting - the bathroom looked like something out of a horror movie and there was mould growing up the walls by the side of the bed.

Yes, it is cheap, but we stayed in a modern design hotel 15-20 minutes closer to the centre of Brussels for just a little bit more (Maxhotel)

It is not in a great location, as it is right in the red light district and we did not feel safe.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank StueyD
Reviewed 25 July 2011

We stayed in hotel Albergo during a trip to Brussels. Cheap as a hostel so don't expect too much for their rooms. One of these has separated WC and incorporated bath in the same room.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed 30 June 2011

I went to Brussels for business and I didn't have time for hotel reservation that day and I checked hotel Albergo.Unfortunately they had an available room. It was on the same floor with reception. The room had an awful bathroom and the room itself was dirty, also it smelled cigarette and some mixed irritating things. The window of the room was open to an empty area and it wasn't safe to stay there.There was no bar of stell or any protection in front of the window. Anyway I had to stay there but it was impossible to sleep there. There was much noise when I was trying to sleep at about 1 o'clock at night. There were 2 people speaking loudly in the reception and I couldn't stop myself and I went there and then "I pay 75€ for this awful room and I can't even sleep". Then they said they are sorry and they kept quiet. So my advice is never ever stay there, it is an example of amateur and disrespectful hotel administration. I will never go there again.

Room Tip: Make reservation and see the room before you pay.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank Hypercube_1111
Reviewed 8 June 2011

Very disappointed in this hotel. We reserved a room with a toilet in the room and when we arrived, we were given one without. This room also had a window that opened onto a "rooftop" that was full of garbage. Upon request, we were given another room, but the desk clerk was clearly annoyed. The room was in SERIOUS need of repair. There were wires hanging out of walls, cracks in the tile, etc. The stairs in this hotel are a hazard, there is no elevator, and the hallway is steep and very dark. Our door to our room was sketchy and didn't seem to lock. To top things off, we got a phone call at 4:29am for NO reason. 4:29AM!!!! We caught a train at 6 o'clock in the morning instead of our scheduled time because we couldn't wait to get out of there. The pictures of the hotel look NOTHING like the real thing.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Kalazure
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Floris Ustel Midi
Floris Ustel Midi
#2 of 6 in Anderlecht
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Center
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Ce...
#1 of 2 in Saint-Jans-Molenbeek
#9 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Hotel Opera Bruxelles
Hotel Opera Bruxelles
#123 of 199 in Brussels

Been to Hotel Albergo? Share your experiences!