“I would stay away”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
70 Traversiere Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed 4 August 2014

It's hard for me to write a negative review since I am usually someone who finds the best in situations. However, my wife and I stayed one night and left.

It started out with us arriving and not having a room available. But before telling us this we had to climb the five+ flights of stairs up to the attic room. In the middle of July this was a terrible place to be. We got to the room and the bed wasn't made, the bathroom wasn't cleaned, towels were still laying everywhere and the room must have been in the uppers 70s. My wife had gotten the flu so we asked for her to leave and we made the bed.

I then went to look around and found that the kitchen that was shared on the fourth floor was still dirty or just not clean, again, something I would expect to be kept clean. There were two refrigerators that were unplugged so I asked if we could turn one on. She said yes and then had me go plug them in, which was tricky since the plugs were behind a cabinet on the floor.

The bathroom on the shared fourth floor was cleaner, but there was still cleaning dust all over the place...

We eventually asked to be moved to another room because of the heat. We then were given a fourth floor room which was much cooler and cleaner. If given this room to begin with I would have given 3/5.

Finally the breakfast was nothing but bread, jam, coffee and orange juice. Not that I expect a lot, but I think something more should be available. Eggs would have been nice.

She was nice enough throughout and the only thing that keeps this from being any lower. The room was cheap and the WiFi was fine. So that was good. Also, though the area is a little sketchy around the building, it is very close to downtown.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for 70 Traversiere Bed & Breakfast

Reviewed 16 October 2013

I travelled to Brussels from Ottawa, Canada in September/October 2013 and stayed at 70 Traversiere "Balcon Room" for 3 weeks. Very impressed with pretty much everything about the B & B. Booking was fast and easy. My room was large, clean and decorated with authentic European charm. Private bathroom clean and tidy. Jeanine was very nice and very accommodating with breakfast schedule. The best part was the B & B's location - right in the middle of everything. I would definitely stay here again and would absolutely recommend this B & B.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 June 2013

The first time I stood on the 70 Traversiere B&B was in 2011. I was very welcome by the hosts and the place was properly clean and maintained. For these reasons, whenever I have to travel to Brussels I keep staying on the 70 T. B&B. I had the opportunity to experience both rooms, the “Balcon” and the “Baldaquin”. The “Baldaquin” room is perfect to take the family with you. I also had perfect Wi-Fi access and all the necessary facilities to keep working on business trips. The 70 T. B&B is not far away from the Botanic Garden which I cross several times when I am there. All white in the Winter, lovely in Spring.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank S M
Reviewed 17 June 2013

Over the last few years I travel often to Brussels on business
and since I have found 70 Traversiere B&B ( advised occasionally
by a very satisfied guest) I always stay here.
It is not a luxury hotel but it is a very good quality/price offer,
with a perfect location, very clean, no noise, and hospitable owner.
I will definitely come back again and would recommend to others.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Petia_Georgieva
Reviewed 29 May 2013

I was a bit worried after I booked this place and then read some of the reviews here. How wrong they were, as the place is great. However, it might not be for everyone, as it is not a bland, new and expensive hotel. It doesn't have a TV in the room and really is very basic. What it does have though is loads of character. The house is still in its original state, with all the charm that goes with that. The room (and the house) was very clean and quiet, even though my room faced the street. This is excellent value, at €59 with breakfast. It is fairly close to where you want to be in Brussels as well. I am not a backpacker, but travel to Brussels on business every six weeks or so. As I said, I will stay here again and recommend it to my work colleagues.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I was last minute in search of a place to stay in Brussels, near the European institutions, as I had to be present at a European conference for work. I found a very charming spot, in a very lively area, with the Botanical garden at 5 minutes walking distance. The keeping lady was very helpful to answer all my questions. The room was very spacious, had a very clean bathroom and a comfortabel bed. Breakfast was simple but very much worth its price (only 5 EUR!).
This place is a very good quality/price offer; even at very busy moments of business in Brussels, pirces stay very affordable at 70 traversiere.
Higly reccomended for short business trips!

Room Tip: Baldaquin room is very spaciuos, can be a family room. Balcon room is functional and spacious, perf...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I was on business in Brussels for three weeks end of July. I got this room in the basement and it supposed to have "some" light, but there was hardly light. It was very dark, very noise, even at night, so that I could hardly sleep and on top it was very smelly. I felt like sleeping in a loo. it was disgusting, that stench!!!!!!! I had to stay in this room for three nights and I was sick after. I just couldn't get the stench out of my nose. Then I was moved to another room and that one even had a terrace and it had at least enough daylight. However, one morning I woke up and opened the curtains to see a person looking down from a terrace straight into my bed. No thank you! Everywhere was rubbish and it was very filthy. I booked for three weeks but I left after one week. I just couldn't stand it any longer. And on top I had to pay a higher price than agreed as I moved out earlier. The landlady was very agressive and rude when it tried to explain her why I needed to leave the place. this was my worst experience I ever had with a B&B!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business