“Friendly and well maintained”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Crane Mist

Ginger Bay other side of Crane Beach. take a leisurely stroll just three minutes away
'Crane Mist'  Apartments Another beautiful morning in Barbados.Watch the sunrise from any one of our beaches .
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
'Crane Mist'  Apartments
View from bedroom of entrance to Crane Beach.
Fabulous 'Crane Beach'. You can enjoy Sea bathing, Sunbathing or surfing.Secured area.
Beautiful blue sea of Crane Beach.
Catch a glimpse  of the azul ocean on the  breezy patio
Patio where you can overlook great houses and ornate chattel houses of the surrounding countryside
Monkeys on patrol mostly in the morning occasionally you seen them all day.Playful but no petting
Attractive,spacious Kitchen well equipped  with all modern amenities. Laundry room behind kitchen
Dining area, comfortable seating and beautiful view of countryside as you enjoy dining.
View of living room, relax and enjoy a television  program or watch your favorite DVDs
Spacious open design  of living room to kitchen. Beautiful tropical pictures decorating the walls.
Comfortable queen size bed
Another view of Bedroom no 1
Spacious Bathroom
Bedroom no.2  look through the window and enjoy the beautiful flowering plants and entrance to beach
Another view of Bedroom
Your host Michael and Andria.   Andria is an experience tour guide for our beautiful island.    .
'Cutters' Deli And sandwich Bar.
Cooling out at Crane Beach.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
bgivg
Meerbusch, Germany
“Friendly and well maintained”
Reviewed 29 March 2016 for a stay in January 2016
people found this review helpful

We stayed for 22 nights in this accommodation and the hospitality of Michael added something extra! The place was clean, with all amenities available for a comfortable stay. The apartment are close to Crane Beach, Foul Bay, restaurants and bars, so definitely a great location to spend your holiday.

Your age range 50-64
9 Apr 2016
Thanks Virgil and Martina, we look forward to seeing you again.
You were in deed wonderful guest.
rclemence
“Just FANTASTIC - well deserved 10/10...5 STARS”
Reviewed 4 March 2016 for a stay in February 2016
people found this review helpful

Had the best time staying at Crane Mist and its thanks to our wonderful hosts Michael and Andria

They literally couldn't have done any more for us during our stay at their apartment this February.

We travelled with our two children Christopher 8 and Olivia 15 months and the facilities were terrific - Michael even provided a travel cot for Olivias stay.

Our family were staying at The Crane Resort literally 5 mins walk from the apartment but I can assure you we had a better Barbados experience than they did! Our daily walk to The Crane took us through the local area and wow - we met the locals, enjoyed local food (try a Roti!) and the local bar (Sophies I think?)...the Bajans are super friendly!!!

All in all Michael and Andria provided us with a terrific base for our holiday and we had a truly brilliant time - transfers from airport, WIFI, decent TV, all the home comforts AND they took us to the local super market to get supplies on our first night...plus supplied a mobile phone and rum! Wow!

Thanks so much folks - you deserve every success with your can-do attitude to providing a great experience to your clients :)

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Only stayed a week :(
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
7 Mar 2016
Rob and lucy were great guest we would be happy to have your family as our guest again and again.
Thanks for being our friends, we are the fortunate ones.
Karen K
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Great Home Away From Home”
Reviewed 17 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016

We stayed two weeks at Crane Mist and it was a great home away from home. As described the apartments are big two-bedrooms. The apartment contained all the necessary equipment and furniture and that included a washing machine, which was a great bonus. Crane Beach is an easy walk as are the bus stops. We actually found that renting a car was better for us because then we could explore all of Barbados easily (apart from getting lost regularly).

The most important thing about accommodation is the sleeping and that was great at Crane Mist. The bed was comfortable; the bedding was clean; there was ample spare/clean linen and pillows; the bedroom is air-conditioned; with the windows and door shut it was quiet enough for easy sleeping. We slept well and that made for a great holiday.

By far and away the best thing about Crane Mist is the hosts, Michael and Andria. They picked us up at the airport and took us to a supermarket on the way to the apartment and gave us a good induction to the apartment and area. They kept in touch throughout our visit without being in the least bit intrusive and were always at the end of the phone to answer questions or help out.

Other good points for us were: free wifi; deck chairs and cool box and beach towels provided; easy parking outside; full kitchen; television; patio.

If you stay at Crane Mist I recommend making the short walk to Crane Beach. You can rent 2 beach loungers and an umbrella for $40 Barbados Dollars a day. The Crane resort has a public Bar and Grill at the end of the beach which serves excellent food and has clean bathrooms.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the friendly and helpful hosts
Liked least: could have been a bit cleaner / better maintained (this is not a complaint, just a comment)
Friends getaway Families with young children
6 Feb 2016
Thanks for the great review, you were wonderful guest and you treated the home as your own. You are most welcome to stay with us next time you visit.
George o
Ottawa, Canada
“Barbados. Crane Mist and Host Family - Great!”
Reviewed 13 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015
person found this review helpful

To avoid repetition, and lots of typing, let me say that we concur with the first and fourth reviews above.

Loved Barbados and Crane Mist and our host family. Great friendly, safe neighbourhood. Two friendly, casual restaurants nearby: Cutters and Marco Polo. Expensive restaurants nearby at the Crane Resort, though we didn't feel the need to indulge.

Crane Beach is amazing, though not swimmable by the faint-hearted. For calm swimming, this the wrong parish.

Bridgetown is not far. Didn't try the buses, but there are lots and they are cheap. To see the monkeys: get up before 8 a.m. and possibly go to the Crane Resort main entrance. While waiting for a tour boat pickup, we saw two adults and four or five juveniles stroll out of the bushes and perch on a wall before crossing the road.

Apartment is bright and clean. Didn't need air-conditioning as the breezes were constant.

MIchael and Andrea were great hosts with help and advice.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: Host family
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
22 Mar 2015
We were so pleased to have you as our guest. We look forward to seeing you again. We recommend you as wonderful guest to our host family.
Ritaurch
Germany
“Welcoming and hospitably”
Reviewed 12 March 2015 for a stay in January 2015
person found this review helpful

Michael and Andria helped us from the beginning to the end to feel home and comfortable.
The apartment was very nice and spacious, even to live there without a car...in case a car is needed this nice couple take care of it as soon as you want.

thank you very much Michael and Andria!

Your age range 65+
22 Mar 2015
Thanks for your review we recommend you as wonderful guest. You are more than welcome to stay with us again.
Michael & Andria
Faithwisd...
London, United Kingdom
“Great Experience”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 for a stay in June 2014

With a lovely home, conducive atmosphere that's next to the beach (Crane beach), what more could you ask for?

With an air condition unit fitted, we really didn't find the need to put it on because the entire house was well ventilated with lots of windows. We were overwhelmed with the amount of quality and refreshing air flowing all through the apartment 24/7.

Michael and Andria did their utmost best to provide everything thing we needed and even went the extra mile to provide comfort.

They even took time out of their busy schedule to pick us up from the airport when we arrived - they also took us with our luggages back to the airport when we departed.

They also provided us a mobile phone to use and always checked up on us to to see whether we needed anything.

They treated us like a family, we ever so grateful to them. And we continue to pray for them that the good Lord will continue to bless them with good health to enjoy the fruit of their labour.

Our stay at the holiday apartment was peaceful and comfortable one. Will highly recommend it to anyone looking for a holiday apartment in Barbados.

<a href="http://www.godwinsremovals.co.uk/">
Godwin</a>

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The way and manner the owners received us
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
14 Aug 2014
Thanks for your Review. we will be happy to have you as our guest again, you were like family.
Nathaniel...
“Rationing the use of the air conditioning,plus thousands of ANTS in the apartment,particularly the kitchen.”
Reviewed 7 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
person found this review helpful

For the first week of my stay (I arrived on the 23rd May and fly out on 10th June) all seemed well, apart from the Caribbean Crazy Ants in the apartment kitchen.I managed to control their encroachment into the living area by buying my own Insecticide from a local shop,and asking the advice of locals as to what they were, finally identifying them by an insect identification site on the internet. I had them under control using the air con to cool the apartment as best I could , and periodically spraying toxic chemicals around my living space- not conducive to a pleasant holiday experience. On returning from their ,presumably quite costly trip to Dominica,Michael and Andria, wasted no time in informing me that I had to ration my use of the air conditioning as it would accrue on their electricity bill and they were unwilling to pay for it. Being a man from the UK with slight sunburn the necessity of keeping cool in the apartment one had rented was paramount, yet their suggestion that I open the windows to ventilate the place instead was a pathetically ridiculous idea, largely because the air outside is warmer than the air conditioned air, and also after three minutes with a single door or window open the place was crawling with literally hundreds if not thousands of ants, which required the spraying of insecticide, which necessitated the removal of oneself from the apartment one had paid up front in cash for,for several hours , unless one wished to suffocate in toxic chemicals, the alternative being letting the ants proliferate and eventually bite one in great numbers causing much physical discomfort. After a week or so of this harassment it came to a head with Andria nearly knocking the back door off it's hinges in an attempt to gain entry to the apartment in order to tell me that if I didn't turn off the air conditioning I would have to pay their electricity bill. It was at that point I decided to relocate for my final four nights to the Crane Hotel which is infinitely preferable, if slightly expensive. It is now Sat7thJune and I am writing this review in the comfort of my Crane Hotel suite, and I am SOOO glad I am out of that dreadful apartment and away from those people.Also the cleaner was supposed to come once weekly on Thursdays, and she did a wonderful job on the first Thursday, only for me to be told by Andria in the second week that she would not be coming.The implication being that I had used the air conditioning too much and they would have to re appropriate the cleaners wages to the electricity bill. I strongly urge them to stipulate in advance that the tenant is NOT ALLOWED to use the air conditioning as and when they see fit , even if the apartment has been paid for up front in cash($ 1422 US was paid by myself to their son in law Ryan who picked me up from the airport on my arrival on the 23rdMay.) Even though I have moved for my final few days to the Hotel , after tiring of the incessant harassment regarding the air conditioning, I do not realistically expect them to refund me for my final four nights as the likelihood of them giving me any of this money back seems non existent, I suggest that they are to some extent cynical exploiters of honest paying holidaymakers, and I would strongly urge anyone considering staying at this apartment to think again and pay the little extra for a reputable hotel.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Proximity to Crane beach and Crane beach resort.
Liked least: Infestation of minute biting insects which I had to deal with myself,and being told I had to sit in stifling heat as they were unwilling to foot the bill for the electricity.
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
14 Aug 2014
Firstly thanks for your review.
it is also good to hear that your first 15 days was fantastic with your deep sea fishing,visits to all sides of the island and the rental of the scooter and the great time at Crane beach, cutters and crane resort.
we are sorry about the Rolly Poly or [Pill bug] kids keep as pets in England. They are quiet harmless they appear and disappear just as quick.
We did not Ration the A/C. but reminded you that it is costly to leave 2 units running all day as you go deep sea fishing of surfing. you left us with an ELECTRIC bill higher than all the other guest for 6 months. we are happy to hear you arrive home safely. and that you had a fantastic time in Barbados at THE CRANE.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing