We've just returned from our honeymoon in Antigua, we stayed at Sugar Ridge and had the most wonderful time.
All of the staff at Sugar Ridge are so lovely, tentative, friendly, helpful and very very happy!
Sugar Ridge is a beautiful resort and offers so much. We were all inclusive (and came home a stone heavier!), the package includes all cocktails and lots of different wines along with superb food. There is a buffet breakfast and a choice from the menu if you desire something else(pancakes/eggs benedict). Lunch and dinner offers a wonderful range of food, including fish of the day, everyday. The Sugar Ridge restaurant holds themed nights, my favourite being the Carribean night, the coconut custard pie is not to be missed (please can I have the recipe?)! Steak night was truely amazing, my husband and I both went for the tenderloin, the meat melted in out mouths, divine!
The resort is close to the coast with regular transfers to the beach, but you can walk to some in 15 minutes. Sugar Ridge works with a couple of the beach bars so if you're all inclusive you can go to the beach and drink and eat for 'free'. The Nest was our favourite beach, quiet bay with white sands, the blue waters of Antigua are breathtaking.
We watched the sun go down everyday in Antigua, most evenings we watched it up at Carmichaels by the infinity pool with a frozen quava/mango Margerita (also highly recommended)!
Sugar Ridge also has a new modern gym and a beautiful spa. We were kindly given a free massage each because we were on our honeymoon, the massage was fantastic.
I really haven't got a bad word to say about this resort, I shed a tear as we were leaving! Thank you Sugar Ridge for the perfect honeymoon, we will be back! xx
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antigua’s newest boutique hotel nestles in a sugar cane-bordered natural hillside with stunning views of the surrounding landscape and the turquoise Caribbean Sea. Designed in contemporary colonial style, rooms have private large verandas, plunge pool and full amenities. An Aveda™ spa provides the latest in holistic therapies; a gym, 3 swimming pools, trendy Sugar Club bar/restaurant and the more formal Carmichael’s, make Sugar Ridge the place to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Sugar Ridge Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Ridge Hotel Jolly Harbour
- Sugar Ridge Resort Antigua/Jolly Harbour