Sugar Ridge is the nicest boutique hotel on Island for those who prefer to stay away from the resort traps. The bungalows give you a sense of privacy. The rest of the grounds are elegant and peaceful adding to a sense of tranquility. The staff is wonderful and the service is 5-star. Carmichael´s offers you a more formal setting for dinner while the Sugar Club is relaxed and fun. They have a fantastic gym with quality equipment and is just across the street from Jolly Harbour where you can find anything you need.
Now, where it falls short. Only stay here if you are in Antigua on a romantic getaway. Antigua was named numerous times as the most romantic travel destination in the World, and Sugar Ridge was built with that concept in mind. Usually only couples and newlyweds on the property and everyone generally keeps to them selves. The evening activities are pleasant and quite and generally end early. The rooms are pretty standard with only bed (big, nice and comfortable) with TV. With the Bungalow concept - instead of main building with rooms, you have individual bungalows which host 4 rooms spread out throughout the property - it would be ideal if rooms had a kitchenette. There is no business corner which makes for quite an unproductive stay. Internet is shoddy and the lamps on the bedside tables are so big that there is hardly any space for you to place your items - find this frustrating. Also, lack of power outlets. For leisure stays - the pool area is too small and cramped and the property is not beach front, although the beach is a 2 min drive away and they have shuttles to accommodate guests.
If you are looking for a quite, romantic stay with your significant other then this is exactly where you want to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antigua’s newest boutique hotel nestles in a sugar cane-bordered natural hillside with stunning views of the surrounding landscape and the turquoise Caribbean Sea. Designed in contemporary colonial style, rooms have private large verandas, plunge pool and full amenities. An Aveda™ spa provides the latest in holistic therapies; a gym, 3 swimming pools, trendy Sugar Club bar/restaurant and the more formal Carmichael’s, make Sugar Ridge the place to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Travelbag, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sugar Ridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Ridge Hotel Jolly Harbour
- Sugar Ridge Antigua/Jolly Harbour