Property and helpful staff form the perfect backdrop to fit any type of vacationer. If you want tranquility, it's everpresent in this natural hillside setting with great views. Loved the poolside (especially on top of hill) experience under pergolas with only the sound of birds and waterfalls. If you're looking for a beach experience, several are close by and the property jeep will provide roundtrip service upon request (if on the all-inclusive plan, you can also eat "for free" at some of the beach cafes). Loved the variety of experiencing several beaches. If you're looking for adventure and exploration, several good day tours are available. Don't miss the Sunday Jump-Up at Shirley Heights. Pre-book transportation at front desk. If you enjoy nightlife and dancing, this is your big opportunity! Nights get quiet very early at Sugar Ridge. We also enjoyed the excursion to Barbuda and the Frigate Bird Sanctuary, concluding the day with a meal and time on the untouched pink stretches of sand. Only go on a calm day as the catamaran ride is lengthy out on open seas. Room size is rather small, but the patio space makes up for it. Food was good and offered enough variety to wholeheartedly recommend the all-inclusive package. Loved the intimacy of the resort and ability to get acquainted with fellow travelers, most of whom were lovely people from the UK. GM - Keith went all out as our flight was delayed. We arrived at 1 am starving and without luggage and he was kind enough to open up the gift shop for sundries AND travel to the only local establishment still open and deliver some jerk chicken to our room. We were well cared for from start to finish!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Antigua’s newest boutique hotel nestles in a sugar cane-bordered natural hillside with stunning views of the surrounding landscape and the turquoise Caribbean Sea. Designed in contemporary colonial style, rooms have private large verandas, plunge pool and full amenities. An Aveda™ spa provides the latest in holistic therapies; a gym, 3 swimming pools, trendy Sugar Club bar/restaurant and the more formal Carmichael’s, make Sugar Ridge the place to be. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Expedia, Travelbag, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sugar Ridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sugar Ridge Hotel Jolly Harbour
- Sugar Ridge Antigua/Jolly Harbour