“So much fun! ”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$130.00*
and up
Antigua Reef Riders Self-Drive Boat and...
Ranked #3 of 19 Tours in Jolly Harbour
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience on the water excitement with our two person Reef Riders! Enjoy great views and snorkelling at Cades Reef. You don't need any experience to enjoy this tour. Come and have a thrill of a lifetime that is safe, sturdy, reliable and tons of fun! We offer guided 3hr snorkelling tours. Experience Antigua from our favorite point of view!
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

We ended up doing this trip on a rainy day, but still had an amazing time! The water was a little rough, and the other couple that signed up got pretty seasick. The snorkeling ... beautiful! Cades Reef is definitely a must see for snorkelling. The coral is not very plentiful here (ie: it's mostly rock formations) due to some major storm activity. But the number and variety of fish is incredible!! We ended up going back an hour earlier (we felt really bad for the seasick couple) but still managed to see a huge (2ft+) puffer fish and a small school of decent sized squid! And of course a multitude of other fish, as well!

All reviews
"life jackets"
"favorite excursion"
"snorkeling tour"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this excursion"
in 7 reviews
"an adventure"

Reviewed 3 May 2014

Back again and again. I would love to do this everyday ( if I was rich). This is the best tour anywhere. Unfortunately the locals are poaching the conch and you see empty shells with the telltale hole, everywhere you look. The Caribbean fish are less and less each year. However, the thrill of driving these watercraft over the most beautiful blue waters you have ever seen, makes it superb. Cades reef snorkeling is very rewarding. Be sure to take your camera for underwater surprises!!.Even after years and years of diving ( snorkeling), I still find new photos to take. I would recommend sunglasses for 2 reasons...first, the sun is intense (duh), and second, the seas can get choppy and you will get a face full of salty spray, which might sting your eyes. My guide was the ever popular Randy...he only works weekends. Everyone is very nice and Shari is a love. I would suggest phoning her for reservations. For some reason my emails never got through. Also I recommend the 4 hour tour. Back at the dock, the showers in the bathroom will cost you 10EC, so just shower off at the pool shower, its right there. The crow's nest has very good food, and you will be hungry!!

1  Thank Surfbunny225588
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My husband and I had a blast on the boats. We did the 3-hour Snorkeling Tour, and it was well worth it. The trip out to the reef was exciting and beautiful. The snorkeling was amazing, the best I have seen yet. On our way back to the Harbour we had some extra time so we spent some time zipping back and forth on the boats and having a blast in the crystal clear blue waters of the bays. I enjoyed spending a half day out on the water having fun in the sun!!!

Thanks you!
Christy K.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I found this excursion listed under a "Things to Do" website when I was researching activities in Antigua. I emailed Shari to get a little more information and she was super quick to respond to my emails. I was able to reserve a date with a small deposit via Paypal, and on the day of the tour itself, the tour guides were already getting the boats ready at the harbor when we arrived 30 minutes early!

After receiving some safety instructions, the watercrafts were turned over to us and we were off on our adventure. I'm happy to report that the Reef Rider fulfilled my husband's need for speed while providing a very smooth (for the most part!) ride for me as his passenger. The guides warned us when we rounded the corner of the island and were approaching the choppier portion of the ride. Luckily, that part didn't last too long before we arrived at the designated Cade's Reef and we tied our boats together in order to get out to do some snorkeling.

The reef area was very large and we had it all to ourselves. There was no fear of running into other bodies as there usually is when you participate in one of the large catamaran tours. In fact, there was only one other couple and the two tour guides with us on the day we went. The guides gave us ample time to explore the reef and we never felt rushed.

When we returned to the boats, the guides provided us with water before it was time to turn around and head back to the harbor. On our way back, there was a point where the guides slowed down and asked us if we wanted to spend some time just riding around in the boats. My husband expressed an interest, but the other couple was ready to return so we all ended up heading back to the harbor. Since there were two guides, it would have been nice if one hung back and allowed us the extra time to explore while the other guide took the other couple back. That was the only disappointment of the day.

All in all, the tour itself was awesome. The guides [Dewayne & Renault (spelling?)] were friendly and professional, the scenery was gorgeous, and the boats were a blast. I would definitely recommend this tour when you visit Antigua.

3  Thank JodsterJ