“Go visit Joe”

Shell's Double Decker Fish & Chips
Price range: US$9 - US$19
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: LIVE MUSIC EVERY THURSDAY FROM 8.00 A bright red original 1959 London Double Decker bus. Located next to Sugar Ridge Hotel and just a 5 minutes walk from Jolly Harbour this icon is impossible to miss. The bus has been completely renovated and provides seating for 40 guests. We did our best to maintain the historic integrity of this British classic. Or sit outside enjoying the breeze in our lush tropical garden. Delicious fish, crispy chunky chips, homemade mushy peas and tartar sauce and finally some pickles give you the classic fish & chips experience. Beyond that we serve shrimp for those who are less into fish we are happy to offer succulent sausages and rotisserie chicken with any of our side dishes.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Fun evening. Greeted as we walked up by joe and his wife. Nice cold beer, great fish and chips, rotisserie chicken (not on menu but joe told us about it and it was perfectly spiced), great outdoor eating but the bus is an option if needed. Thanks for the great meal joe.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We had a gorgeous meal here tonight with Joe and the team. Being British, I have fish and chip expectations... But the fish was the best I've ever had. Soft and flaky on the inside with beautiful light and crisp batter on the outside.
The deep fried gherkins are a triumph!
Everything you want from a home made fish and chip place. Simple, elegant style under the stars.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Monday evening I decided to go out and get a light dinner. I was craving pizza but then I drove past the Shells Double Fish & Chips. This was a quaint outdoor restaurant and really caught my attention. I got out on my car and was walking around and then was greeted by Joe who owned the restaurant. We started chatting and I decided to give it a try. The fish was wonderful! Fried to perfection, the temperature was perfect. After listening to Joe chat about his new business I was able to tell that he had PRIDE in what he was doing. I visit Antigua 3 - 4 times a year for business (and sometimes vacation) and I plan on returning. I might even go back again tonight. I strongly recommend everyone that enjoys English Style Fish & Chips to make a visit and meet Joe and his wonderful wife. I guarantee it will be worth the trip.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We arrived at the old Double Decker bus and was greeted by the lovely Joe and his wife with a big smile. We were asked if we wanted to sit in the lovely ambiently lit bus or outside on the picnic tables surrounded by trees with fairy lights and delightful fragrant bushes. The food was served promptly - piping hot - I had the fish, tartar sauce and shared my chips (big, fat chunky ones!) as way too generous a portion!! Great flavour and Joe and Wayne constantly checked on us to make sure we were happy, and even put the left over fish in a doggy bag. Such a nice setting with the lamps made from shells, and despite being near the main road, it was very quiet with just a few people chatting and music in the background. They also offer rotisserie chicken which I will have on my next visit. Although my friends paid it is also great value for money (about £10 per head plus drinks) - 10/10.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Shells fish and chips has been established a couple of years now and is once again under new management. Good old faithful Bev is still there with her welcoming smile and interesting chat.
I believe the new bosses are South African and they are very hospitable, friendly and hard working. The fish and chips seem to get better and better and now there is sausage and rotisserie chicken on the menu. A lovely setting, either inside a real London double decker bus or outside under the palm trees and the stars, with very attractive picnic benches, lit by beautiful shell lights.