We waited a bit too long with making booking and we were left with limited choice so Kirati seemed a good option. It is ok but think twice before booking it.
1. If you are not a family with very small children do not go there- Kirati is in Choeng Mon and generally dead - nothing to do there. Consider if it is worth going to Chaweng or Lamai each time you want to do something or see nightlife in the evening.
2. If the tide is high the beach is disappearing and what's left is taken by restaurants or other tourists or is in shadow because of the trees. We were there in December and the tide were high almost every day and was only widening after dark..
3. There is no swimming pool or a ground when you can rest if the beach is too crowded/windy/ in shadow because of the trees - the only little space is usually taken by the staff who dries towels there.
4. If you don't ask you will never know that the hotel has beach towels(although they have seen better days)
5. Rooms are nice and spacious although cleanliness is inconsistent- we have accidentally spilled tea on the bed and in the evening the quilt's cover was just turned on the other side..
6. We ended up buying our own soap as when the one provided run out it was not replaced until the day before we were leaving. Coffee and tea were replaced daily
7. Cleaning the room takes ages- usually the room was not cleaned till 3-4pm
8. The air condition is placed on the wall next to the bed so if you turn it on it blows the cold air on you and it is very loud
9. The safe box is very small- nothing bigger than the tablet won't fit plus it is not fixed so if there is a robbery thieve could just take it.
10. Internet is VERY bad.
11. Do not use their restaurant- it is overpriced, portions are small and not tasty. We had once breakfast there- each set costs 220BHT.Even though in the menu it was saying that it would be accompanied by glass of juice and 2 cups of coffee/tea we had to specifically ask for it. First we were given the coffee with nicely warmed milk, for the other cup(after asking) we were firstly not given milk and the they brought cold one. Juice was from the box- the worst I've ever drunk( in Thailand the juice in boxes are usually not good at all- taste is very artificial). Strange as the fruits are very cheap and available everywhere. portions was small(I had porridge with fruits)The second time we went for lunch - as we were tired of Thai food we ordered spaghetti and each of us had a drink. Spaghetti was served cold and the sauce(tomato) was disgusting- not sure what it was it is the dish that is usually quite hard to go wrong. Portions were tiny. For the drink juices from the box were used- the worst one I had in Samui. For food use different restaurants in town or go to the Captain's cabin- also placed on the beach but food is tasty and much cheaper.
12. No fitness center- it is not something I can't live without but the only one cross trainer was standing in the reception..
13. There is nobody at the reception after 10pm - not even security...we felt generally safe there but if you have question or need assistance- it would have to wait till next day.
14. Doors to our room(we stayed in main building) were very difficult to close as the dumpiness caused them not too fit to well to the frame.
Generally it is not a bad place- rooms are quite nice but annoyingly there are plenty of little things that are missed(some I've mentioned above) that are spoiling the pleasure of staying there. Staff is nice and generally helpful and you can get a nice massage just at the beach but think twice. We are young couple and we weren't expecting luxury but just consider everything. We will be booking a different hotel next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kirati Beach Resort is a small hotel situated in the corner of Choeng Mon Beach, the place that you can find the natural sea and surrounded by the peaceful touch of nature's garden. You can enjoy a beautiful seaside restaurant, serving very fresh seafood and fusion food. You could have a relaxing moment with our open-air Thai massage - an unforgettably special way to relax. Whenever you are looking for a peaceful escape, come and stay with a warm welcome from us at Kirati. We understand just how important holidays are. "We had tropical plants, we had tropical temperature, we had seasons in the sun, we had sand, we had sea, we like to keep things simple, warm service and we will take care of you as a family member." Kirati Beach Resort ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Kirati Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kirati Beach Resort Ko Samui/Choeng Mon, Thailand