Just had a 5 night stay and left happier than when we arrived. Staff are polite an helpful but when we went for a walk to look around it was very noisy by the pool and beach and no beds left at all this was about midday! So you need to get there early if you want a bed. However there is another pool, the monkey pool. It is much nicer and quieter so go for this if you want some peace. Less kids!!
Rooms are dated very dated and not good enough for nearly £80 a night. Bathroom is acceptable for a 2 star but not any more than that with a noisy air con unit too! They forgot to put new towels in twice and on the second time when I rang reception they said I had to wait until 6pm...it was 3pm when I rang and I wanted a shower and was going out. This wasn't good enough.
The captains restaurant is expensive for Thailand. We ate lunch on the first day and then not again at all because it was so mediocre. If you want lunch there is a lovely Thai lady with a BBQ on the beach (it's better than it sounds!) for 50baht you can get a massive cooked corn on cob, whole pineapple cut up, other fruit, chicken, spring rolls. The queues she had because she was so cheap and popular. Great food.
Outside the hotel there are places to eat, try and stay on a Wednesday night because the market opposite is brilliant. Food for £1/£2 brilliant and tasty. Great gift stalls too. Lovely atmosphere
The hotel does a shuttle service in Chaweng which is busy. Any buses in the evening is 100 baht each. Shame they don't do a 6 or 7pm for free and then charge for the later ones. Chaweng is great in evenings. We didn't spend much time at hotel in the evenings.
So, an ok location and a busy hotel but rooms need redoing desperately.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Imperial Boat House Beach Resort on Choeng Mon beach is situated on a beautiful stretch of white, soft sand on the northeast coast of Koh Samui. With spacious rooms, lush landscaping and genuine staff, we look forward to an opportunity to welcome you. What could make for a better experience than a stay in an authentic teak rice barge? Our teakwood rice barges have been converted into international standard luxury suites. We also offer 8 low-rise accommodation wings with a total of 210 rooms. Our resort is just 5 kilometers from the island's international airport and 10 minutes from Chaweng Beach and has easy access to the entire island. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Melia, Odigeo, Agoda, Expedia, HostelWorld, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, TravelUp and Travelbag so you can book your Imperial Boat House Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperial Boat House Beach Hotel Choeng Mon
- Imperial Boat Hotel
- Imperial Boat House Koh Samui
- Hotel Imperial Boat
- Imperial Boat House Beach Resort Ko Samui/Choeng Mon, Thailand