“Very very good food nice surroundings” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of SALA Samui Restaurant

SALA Samui Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Choeng Mon
Price range: US$20 - US$50
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, View, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: SALA Restaurant is an exceptional blend of style and taste.Enjoy mouthwatering international cuisine and traditional Thai delicacies in a romantic setting,with candlelit tables on the beach, and poolside dining under the stars.
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Very very good food nice surroundings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

We visited here last night for our wedding anniversary and it did not disappoint!! Very good European food (there are Thai options also) with an amazing wine list. The degustation or tasting menus sounded lovely but due to not being amazingly hungry we opted for two courses. An amuse-bouche popped out which was simply called duck and egg. Really lovely mini duck croquette and a quail egg with a tasty jus.
My wife opted for the crab risotto to start which was like velvet with black truffle oil and crab beignets, tip top!
I went for a dish just called asparagus, which consisted of the basic ham, Parmesan, poached egg and of course asparagus! Very beautifully presented and highly tasty.
Main course I chose 'all about the pork' basically pork cooked three ways. A pig cheek croquette, expertly done slow roast belly with sticky skin and a big tenderloin all with a rosemary jus, apple pieces and roast fennel I believe (on my 4th cocktail so got a bit hazy). Very artistically presented and tasted spot on.
My better half had the sea bass. I did try a bit of it which was lovely! It consisted of veal sausage slices, pickled shallots, celeriac cooked two ways, red wine sauce and a beautiful fresh fillet of sea bass. Again looked the part and tasted great!!
We also ordered some potato croquettes which where stunning they came with a pot of meaty jus or reduction of some description whatever it was, 100% delicious!
Cost is relatively high 400-1000 baht a main or 2000 for a tasting menu. Wine slightly over priced I thought but great selection although we stuck to martini's and caipirinha's. The location is spot on, the restaurant is located near the beach front with a lovely pool and nice decor.
The only thing I would say is it lacks fans. I KNOW it's petty and minor when you have a sea breeze and it is samui in April but when eating such delicious food I would have preferred to be a little cooler.
As my last statement is very silly/almost stupid but I personally think it would of helped the overall experience, but this place is a MUST try!!!
Defiantly going to pop back within the next 2 wks of our stay.
The resort looks amazing also.

2 Thank benjamin826
SALA_Samui_GM, Manager at SALA Samui Restaurant, responded to this review, 25 July 2015
Dear Signature "benjamin826"

Thank you so kindly for your ever so detailed review of our restaurant here at SALA. We have shared the review with the team and we are delighted that you enjoyed all and look forward to your next visit.

Chef Nick

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
Bucks
“Excellent meal in beautiful surroundings”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

A lovely stroll on the beach to this wonderful restaurant from Imperial Boathouse Hotel. Staff and service excellent in beautiful surroundings. Food was superb especially my dessert chocolate banana, highly recommend.

• Visited April 2014
Dear Signature "february6"

Thank you for your visit to us at the SALA restaurant we are truly delighted that you enjoyed our stunning surroundings and the 'highly recommended' chocolate banana.

Ko Lanta, Thailand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Art on a dining plate”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I first went to this restaurant about 2 years ago and I was really impressed with its quality. Since then, I keep returning there for dinner every time I visit Samui. The food is really good and you can tell that prime ingredients are used to prepare it (therefore, do not expect to pay cheap price for your meal....quality never comes cheap!). A I said the food id really good, but this is something I can find in quite a few other restaurants in Samui; what really makes this restaurant stand out and keeps me going again ad again, is the presentation of the dishes: some of them are really fantastic artistic compositions, some reminding of Miro' paintings, with several colorful bits passionately arranged on the plate! You really have to see that to fully appreciate it. Ah....and the chocolate fondant is to die for!

• Visited February 2014
Dear Signature "993mirko"

Thank you for your taking your valuable time to post your review of our restaurant we appreciate your visits and look forward to your return each time. We have shared your kind words with the whole team and we agree the Chocolate Fondant is perfect! Until the next time

Los Angeles, California
“Nice Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Located in Choeng Mon Beach by Paradise Island Estate, we visited twice during our stay and had very nice lunch on both occasions.
Service is remarkable and food very nicely presented.

Visited April 2014
Dear Signature "166LosAngeles"

Thank you for taking your time to post your thoughts on our restaurant at SALA Samui, we are happy that you enjoyed your visits and we will be looking forward to your return again soon.

Nick Hall
“One of the best meals I've had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

I've eaten at Sala Samui Restaurant a few times and each visit has been spectacular. The Thai food is excellent, the western food is inspirational and even the bar snacks are a taste sensation. The restaurant is beautifully located by the pool and beach and I found all the staff very pleasant. 10/10 for me. Keep up the good work.

• Visited January 2014
Dear Signature "MJT75"

We are so very pleased to read your kind words and we have passed them onto the team. It is great that you keep returning to us for our tasty food and great service, and we will look forward to your next visit very soon.