we went to Sala booked through Kuoni for a relaxing and well earned break over new year. we had a warm welcome and were shown to our Pool villa which was comfortable clean and big enough for two of us but not huge. Staff throughout the stay were helpful polite and attentive with out being in your face which was welcomed. Our biggest gripe was that there were a lot of children there, now before the heavens open with daggers flying at me that im not a child hater, im no really. But We were expecting a relaxing couples kind of resort, I could not find on the Sala website anywhere where it says family friendly Hotel, or come to that on the kuoni site either. In fact it says "Magically minimalist and ideal for relaxed romance" it also comes under the kuoni category of a "time together resort", which means, tranquil, relaxed uninterrupted time together. To be fare it does say children's pool on teh kuoni website, but with all the other descriptions we were hooked by the tranquil side of it. Didn't help that on the first day we are sitting in the pool of our Villa and a football comes over and lands in the pool, then kids jumping in the pool in the villa next to us. shouting and bombing. I guess it wasn't what we were expecting so was more of a shock than a huge disappointment. There were kids round the both pools at sala jumping in and making a racket, all perfectly normal things for kids to do on holiday, but not on the holiday we were expecting of a resort like sala.
Apart from that the food was good, Just one more thing i liked the ideas of the pools of water round reception and the one that surrounded the Lap pool, but really this would have been lovely if it was filled with clear water with plants and fish swimming, instead it was a murky muddy water and not good i would think for distracting the ever present mosquitos !!
Ok Winge over !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SALA Samui Resort and Spa is a stunning deluxe pool villa resort on Koh Samui island, featuring private swimming pools in 53 out of 69 total villas and suites.At SALA Samui, a comfortable, relaxing ambiance is created by a harmonious blend of traditional Thai architecture with modern facilities and amenities. Friendly, well-trained staff pamper guests with professional, personalized service.Located on pristine Choeng Mon beach on the northeast corner of Koh Samui island, SALA Samui is just 15 minutes from the Samui airport, 20 minutes from Bo Phut's quaint Fisherman's Village, and only 15 minutes from Chaweng Beach shopping and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Odigeo, Priceline, Travelbag, Agoda, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your SALA Samui Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sala Samui Resort And Hotel Koh Samui
- Sala Samui Hotel
- SALA Samui Resort And Spa Ko Samui/Choeng Mon, Thailand