We stayed 3 nights at SALA Samui as our mini "honeymoon" getaway. The hotel car pick up from the airport was ok (no particular welcoming feel), but the ride was quick. First impression upon arrival at the hotel was good - checkin was done at the outdoor reception sala and we were greeted with welcome drinks and refreshment towels. The lady at the reception then escorted us to our room. We stayed at the pool villa which was just as described on the hotel website and reviews. The bedroom was not huge but it felt comfortable with the simple yet elegant furnishing. The outdoor bathroom was a new experience to us, and we had the mosquito coil lit most of the time and didn't experience much problem. The private pool and sun loungers outside provided us the privacy we wanted. A minor issue was that because of the villas being attached to one another, I could hear the guests next door and smelt their cigarette smoke.
It was still the raining season but we were lucky to have some days of sunshine, so we could enjoy swimming and walking along the beach. On rainy times we enjoyed the DVDs borrowed from the resort library. We also joined a complimentary yoga class one morning.
My favourite feature of SALA was the breakfast. It was available till 11am and there was a large buffet of western and local selections. On top of that there was a made-to-order menu with egg and other dishes, as well as tea/coffee. I loved the juice bar where you can get freshly made juices and smoothies (and even a bloody mary). And in case you miss the breakfast or don't feel like leaving your room, you can still order room service breakfast until the evening (with no extra cost).
After passing by several other resorts on my short list, I concluded that SALA had the best location in terms of convenience. There is a bank/ money exchange at the corner, and there are many restaurants on the main street. There are also a few convenience stores and souvenir shops. There is a hotel shuttle to/from Chaweng but we decided not to bother as we could get all the shopping and dining done in Choeng Mon.
SALA Samui is what I would call cozy natural luxury. I normally would try different hotels if I revisit a place, but SALA will definitely be my first choice on my next Koh Samui visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SALA Samui Resort and Spa is a stunning deluxe pool villa resort on Koh Samui island, featuring private swimming pools in 53 out of 69 total villas and suites.At SALA Samui, a comfortable, relaxing ambiance is created by a harmonious blend of traditional Thai architecture with modern facilities and amenities. Friendly, well-trained staff pamper guests with professional, personalized service.Located on pristine Choeng Mon beach on the northeast corner of Koh Samui island, SALA Samui is just 15 minutes from the Samui airport, 20 minutes from Bo Phut's quaint Fisherman's Village, and only 15 minutes from Chaweng Beach shopping and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Holiday Gems, Southall Travel, Ebookers, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sala Samui Resort And Hotel Koh Samui
- Sala Samui Hotel
- SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort Ko Samui/Choeng Mon, Thailand