We recently spent eight nights at sala samui after the hustle and bustle of Bangkok. From the moment we arrived we were treated like royalty. The staff,from the general manager to the staff at the pool and restaurants, the spa and the reception were all incredibly friendly and helpful and nothing was too much trouble. I arrived from Bangkok feeling quite ill and chef nick made me chicken broth and rice, sorted out medication for me and was genuinely concerned, as were all the other member of staff. We loved the pools, the one to the left,looking at the beach, was for adults and the one nearer to the restaurant was for all to use. The beach bar was great for snacks and happy hours twice a day. The restaurants menu and wine list were extensive and they would make anything you asked for whether at the restaurant or rom service. The food was delicious and quite international alongside all the usual Thai traditional fare. There were a few themed nights if you wanted to participate - a beach BBQ one night, Thai evenings with dancing and a live band playing Thai music. Another evening we were serenaded by an English singer who sang anything from ed Sheehan to crowded house brilliantly.
There are several kayaks you can take out free of charge to kayak along the shoreline and maybe go the next bay along. We did this a few times. The pool attendants sorted out sunbeds and parasols and kept your glasses plied with fresh water all day long. Coconut chicken and crispy squid were lovely for light lunch at pool bar.
We had a gorgeous complimentary Thai massage which I would highly recommend. There is an extensive spa menu to enjoy.
There is a shuttle bus which runs in the hour up til ten at night to chaweng if you want to stock up on all the usual goodies and maybe take in a ladyboy show or just have a meal. The cost is just 300 baht per person and is just charged to your bill
We stayed in a pool villa which gave us our own private piece of paradise to go to after an exhausting day spent at the pool. The room was spacious with a huge bed, daybed and large flat screen tv which proved handy for night time viewing of Wimbledon! The bathroom has an outside shower, bath, wc with plenty of towels. You are given toiletries, dressing gown, slippers, umbrellas, tea coffee facilities, mini bar not too expensive. By your pool are two sunbeds and another sheltered daybed with fixed huge parasol which you will be very grateful for. It reached 98f whilst we were there!
If I have one piece of information that is not connected to the hotel it is that the half day tour of the island was not very good. We had booked this prior to leaving uk and they take you to some awful dirty and slightly quirky places. Maybe leave it at that.
So all in all the hotel, staff, food, amenities etc i give 100% and highly recommend it to you all.
ps forgot to mention that I was sent a huge bouquet of orchids from the staff wishing me a
A speedy recovery!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- SALA Samui Resort and Spa is a stunning deluxe pool villa resort on Koh Samui island, featuring private swimming pools in 53 out of 69 total villas and suites.At SALA Samui, a comfortable, relaxing ambiance is created by a harmonious blend of traditional Thai architecture with modern facilities and amenities. Friendly, well-trained staff pamper guests with professional, personalized service.Located on pristine Choeng Mon beach on the northeast corner of Koh Samui island, SALA Samui is just 15 minutes from the Samui airport, 20 minutes from Bo Phut's quaint Fisherman's Village, and only 15 minutes from Chaweng Beach shopping and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Holiday Gems, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sala Samui Resort And Hotel Koh Samui
- Sala Samui Hotel
- SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort Ko Samui/Choeng Mon, Thailand