Samui Honey Cottages Beach Resort
Deva Samui Resort & Spa(Choeng Mon)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$56
Agoda.com
SALA Samui Choengmon Beach Resort(Choeng Mon)(Great Value!)
US$304
US$288
Orbitz.com
Royal Muang Samui Villas(Choeng Mon)(Great Value!)
US$273
US$263
Bay Beach Resort(Choeng Mon)
US$52
US$42
Baywater Resort Samui(Choeng Mon)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$90
Agoda.com
Panya Resort(Choeng Mon)(Great Value!)
US$62
  • Pool
White House Beach Resort & Spa(Bophut)(Great Value!)
US$51
No availability for your dates from our partners
72@Samui Hotel(Choeng Mon)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe cottageslaundry serviceinfinity poolmassagekohthailandbahtmotorbiketaxischaweng
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I can understand why the reviews for Samui Honey Cottages seem so bi-polar. I was slightly concerned before we got there because of the reviews here, but it was our most cost effective option as I had to be in Cheong Mon to participate in the Wat Po Massage course at the Apple's Spa for a week. I had originally booked the standard room (at about $40 CAD) for 7 nights. When we got there, the receptionist was very polite and pleasant. She took us around to the very back of the property where the standard room was located. It was a bit run down, but spacious and there was a nice view of the gardens and a partial view of the ocean. It was equipped with a big fridge, cupboard, safe and air conditioner. I had some concern with the room because the glass panels on the windows seemed as if they would let mosquitos in. The room and bathroom were both very clean. However, the sleep quality we had that night was not very good. Everytime the air con kicked in it would make quite a loud noise, then sounded like an motor revving. The room was also located close to the road and you could hear any vehicle or activity that was happening out back. The next day we upgraded, paying about $10CAD per night more for a deluxe room. I was shown rooms 25 and 26, but both looked like they were also run down and didn't seem much better. The only improvement was that the bathrooms had seperate shower stalls rather than a wet room. Since we were in Samui at such a low tourist time, there were not too many people staying on the resort. We were shown and allowed to move to Room 16 which looked freshly painted, with improved lighting and was located right by the pool. I was so much happier with this move and I do not at all regret paying the extra money for this room. It was spacious, again with a large cupboard and the bathroom was a nice size with a seperate shower stall (with a skylight!) that had hot water. It's amazing what a fresh coat of paint, lighting and a little bit of art work will do for a room. The only trouble I had was that I think the A/C unit was a little big for the room and it was hard to regulate the temperature. Another thing that was a little unsettling were the somewhat sheer curtains. There were a lot of windows, which was great for natural light, but the unit itself was central and by the pool so it felt a bit like a fish bow. Like I said, the resort itself wasn't so busy, so privacy wasn't too much of an issue. But at a busier time, I would be concerned about people being able to see into our room.
I noticed throughout the week that we were there that many of the units around the resort were being renovated or painted, so it is obvious that the owner is making improvements to keep the property up to snuff.
The location was fantastic. Cheong Mon is a soft white powder beach, although the ocean is a bit rocky and I did cut my foot one day going into the water. The grounds were reasonably well kept and there were platforms with bean bags lining the beach where my husband and I would hang out and relax at the end of a long day in class. The setting was gorgeous and I really enjoyed being in that environment for a week. The pool was cleaned up every morning and it was a nice place to get some sun and go for a refreshing dip in the afternoon.
The staff at Honey were very nice. The receptionist who greeted us and helped me upgrade my room was very helpful and fufilled all the requests I had for her. Laundry service was a good price and was done by the next day. Our room was made up every day and it felt very clean.
All in all, although I had some concerns about staying here, the week turned out to be really really great after we had the room change. I think if you get the right room, you will have a really nice time here. I would definitely stay here again if I were to visit Cheong Mon in the future.

Room Tip: Bungalow number 16 was somewhat updated, clean and spacious.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Honey cottages are really lovely and some of the cottages are right on the beach, Sumturng the owner is very accommodating and is always keen to entertain you when you're there.
His staff are well trained and very helpful.
Siriwan is his sister who is the chef at honey restaurant right on the beach in the sand and wow can she cook - and whatever you what she is keen to help. Best seafood food in Choeng Mon
Yong is the best massager on the beach right outside the kitchen of honey. So look her up when you're there.
Sumturg has got other honey cottages in the forest about 5km in land and they too are stunning.
Definitely a spot to put up your feet and relax.

Room Tip: On the beach villa15
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Chantellehowes
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We had seen the cottages in 2010 when we were staying at the boathouse. We booked a deluxe room and upon arrival we were escorted to "the shack" it was nothing like the one my husband had been shown back in 2010 but the previous reviews describe it perfectly!
The patio door screeched as we tried to open it and then got stuck. The bedding was very grey and shabby. We were told take it or leave it and thank heavens we had only paid one night of our 16 night stay. We cut our losses and left! The nearest available hotel that could accommodate us for the 16 nights was the White House which turned out to be our haven and saviour.
Our friends and 2 children came out a week later and unfortunately we're booked in the cottages for 2 weeks but they had paid the whole amount but it was so bad that they too left after 6 days and the White House accommodated them too.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Jane P
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We stayed at Samui Honey for two weeks in March... As soon as we arrived we were greeted with smiles and a refreshing drink... As we sat down near the pool we realised that we have discovered paradise... The location is one of the best on the island.
We stayed in a beach cottage and it was comfortable although the room could do with a make over.
The massage girls on the beach were amazing.. miss those massages... The beach itself is beautiful although we did encounter some beach lice and they were biting but washed off in the shower.
The pool was fantastic and the view was amazing.. The food was some of the best we had on the island.
Would not hesistate is staying here again

Room Tip: grab a room near the beach as you have more privacy
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Fully agree with review on 23rd Feb. We booked and paid for 18 days in September. On arrival was met by a very unhelpful receptionist. No record or room allocated to us. After a phone call to Sawadee who we booked it through (No fault of Sawadee) we were given room 26. Had to go past an old oil drum to get there. This was nothing like the brochure or web photos, or the room we looked on our last visit. Said we booked a deluxe room and was told that this was one. Never. Asked to swap and told no others available. We noticed whilst we were there most of the other rooms were vacant at the start, so could have put us in one easily. Offered us the shack on the beach exactly as described by other reviewer but couldn't open the door. Would not have stayed in this for free. Would have gone elsewhere if I hadn't paid upfront. The rest of the place was very nice. Bar is excellent and the pool area is vey small but ideal. Restaurant at end of beach is in a great location for breakfast. never ate any other meals here so can't comment. Rest of staff were very friendly and polite. Young lady who did our room was brilliant and made our room a lot better. Do not regret staying here but initial service could have been a lot better. Met out friends there, who had a week in Choeng Mon Beach Apartments which was a third of the price and far better. Then a week in the superb Boathouse altogether for about the same as we paid. If staying here make sure you know which room you will be getting. Would have given this a good review if it wasn't for the poor receptionist and room.

Room Tip: Ask for a photo of it and plan. Do not pick the shack on the beach or # 26
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple