“Second stay, as good as we remembered”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Valley View

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 70 reviews

Reviews from our community

bookitdan...
Antequera, Spain
“Excellent???? We didn't think so!”
Reviewed 23 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
person found this review helpful

Location was nice in lovely Little Haven.

However,we were there for Christmas week and were so disappointed at the level of cleanliness at the property.

Needs a complete refurb and deep clean.

No heating in bedrooms etc etc.

Photos available.

Date of stay: December 2016
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
30 Jan 2017
I spent two full days preparing the cottage for these guests' arrival, scrubbing and polishing from top to bottom, putting up decorations including a tree, wrapping Christmas presents for them, and providing them with a bottle of wine and fresh flowers in every room. I went over the day after their arrival to resolve a temporary problem with the WiFi and I asked them both if all was well and if there were any problems. They both said independently that all was good and there were no issues.
I was therefore shocked to find a note containing complaints of dirtiness after their departure. If they had found the property to be dirty when they arrived why did they not mention it when I called over? They subsequently sent me photographs that they claimed were evidence to support their statements. However, they clearly did not realise that photos contain information on the date and time shot, and, on investigation, I discovered that they were taken not on their arrival but shortly before they left and after they and their 3 dogs had had the run of the place for a week. Contrary to the House Rules clearly set out in the Welcome Pack the dogs had been allowed into the bedrooms as evidenced by muddy paw prints and dog hair.
By email, the guests subsequently added complaints of cat smell in the property and non-operational heating in the bedrooms. I assured them that there has not been a cat in the 15 years that I have owned it as my partner is highly allergic to them, but they practically accused me of lying! The heating in the bedrooms had been switched off by previous guests as it was too warm and the method of switching it back on was described in the detailed Welcome Pack which these Christmas guests clearly never read. It later came to light that they had thrown it out with the rubbish so I had to prepare a complete new pack for the next visitors.

The guests who preceded and followed the Christmas guests left me very warm and positive reviews with no complaints following their stays. This is the first time that I have had such complaints as is evidenced by my 100% 5 star review rating and it has left me very upset and wondering why I bother. I now wish I had never accepted their booking.
keyfonts
wales
“Second stay, as good as we remembered ”
Reviewed 14 November 2016 for a stay in November 2016

Great weekend in little haven and Valley view cottage. Very comfortable, easy to find with parking for three cars. Five minutes walk to a choice of three pubs.
Well stocked kitchen and board game cupboard. Will be booking again without doubt. Thanks.

Date of stay: November 2016
16 Nov 2016
Many thanks for your positive comments. I am so pleased that your stay was a success. It was a great pleasure to play host for your party again and I look forward to your next visit. Thanks for leaving the cottage tidy after your stay.
LPandA
“Bird Lovers Paradise”
Reviewed 4 June 2016 for a stay in May 2016

A lovely surprise as you enter Valley View and realise that it is more spacious and wonderfully decorated than the photographs. We stayed with 3 generations of our family and all were very very happy with the chosen home, decor and location. There are a couple of steps down to the property but it was not a problem at all. If someone is limited by their mobility but can do 3 or 4 steps then you could just happily stay the whole week inside the property and you would be very contented. We all went out and about. It is only a short drive away from the landing area for Skomer Island. I got up early twice in order to get the tickets on the morning to see the wonderful Puffins. Basically come here if you love birds as many very, very close to the property and if you appreciate wonderful relics collected from all over the World. Just down the lane are lovely walks, the interesting Beach and 3 pubs. The Swan Inn is excellent.

Date of stay: May 2016
Liked best: Birds and Art
Liked least: Can't fault it!
Travelling group: Extended Family
5 Jun 2016
It was a pleasure having you as guests at Valley View and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and had such a good time. Thank you for leaving the property so clean and tidy and for your kind comments in the Visitors' Book. It is very rewarding to know that the property, facilities and surroundings that I provide for guests are appreciated and that they provide the ingredients for a happy, relaxed and successful holiday that they want to repeat. You would be welcome back any time.
Susan L
Newport, United Kingdom
“Truly a home from home.”
Reviewed 22 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016

This is very well equipped property with all the things you need for a relaxing stay. It's wonderfully peaceful but only a short walk to a couple of local pubs. There is easy access to lots of lovely walks - take advantage of the Puffin Shuttle to plan your walks. One of the best holiday rentals we have stayed in and we have been going to this part of the world for the last ten years. Hope to return at some point.

Date of stay: May 2016
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Locality and the home comforts.
Liked least: There was nothing to dislike really.
Friends getaway People with pets
22 May 2016
Thank you for your positive review. I am so pleased that Valley View provided you with what you wanted for a relaxing and memorable holiday and I look forward to your return some day soon.
Teedandco
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Wonderful relaxing stay”
Reviewed 18 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Following a family wedding in Wales, we were looking for a cottage to finish off the week before returning home to the north of England. Valley View appeared to fit the bill and after explaining our request to the owner, he happily agreed to allow us to book a shorter than normal stay. We arrived late on Sunday night to find a warm, beautifully furnished cottage awaiting us.
As we had no food with us, we wandered into the village the next morning in search of breakfast. There is nowhere in Little Haven that offers breakfast (the cafe has closed and the pubs didn't open until 11am) but we were told by the information office that there were cafes and a shop in Broad Haven which was only a short walk along the beach. You can probably walk to Broad Haven in about 15 minutes but as we were distracted by all the fabulous shells on the beach, we took a bit longer! After an excellent Welsh breakfast we headed into Haverfordwest for supplies (there is a Tesco, Morrison, Aldi and Lidl so plenty of supermarket choice) so that for the rest of our stay we were able to prepare breakfast in the well-equipped kitchen which we then ate on the veranda listening to the birdsong - bliss!
We were very lucky with the weather as the sun shone every day so we didn't spend a lot of time in the cottage, but had it rained there were plenty books, games, DVDs etc. to keep us entertained.
Our only regret was that we weren't able to stay longer. Now back home I miss sitting reading in the conservatory or watching the birds from the bedroom window.

Date of stay: April 2016
Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The beautiful peaceful location
Liked least: The very narrow single track roads leading to the village
20 Apr 2016
Thank you for this review. I am delighted with the comments as this is just the experience that I try to create for my guests and it is very reassuring that your stay was the sort of break you were hoping for. I cannot guarantee that the weather will always be suitable for al fresco sitting and dining, but the cottage is warm and comfortable and well provisioned for enjoying life whatever the weather decides. It is not clear at the moment whether the Cafe will be reopening or not which leaves a gap in the early morning meal provision in Little Haven which I regret. Let's hope that the gap will be filled soon but in the meantime, guests should make there own arrangements.
Steve T
Bristol, United Kingdom
“What a Fabulous Place To Stay At.”
Reviewed 25 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015

We had a brilliant time at Valley View despite storm Barney accompanying us. Great accommodation - very spacious, cosy, secluded, relaxing and well equipped. Great location and places nearby. Brilliant for dog walking in the valleys and on the beaches. Very nice pubs in the village, we particularly enjoyed the Swan Inn which hosted us during a power cut - very welcoming. Marloes beach is lovely at low tide and worth the trip. We highly recommend valley view and will be back soon.

Date of stay: November 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Having expectations significantly exceeded
Liked least: Returning home
Your age range 35-49
26 Nov 2015
Thank you so much for this warm and positive review. I am so pleased that you found Valley View and the surrounding area to be a great place for your holiday despite the bad weather. It is truly a place for all weathers! Thank you for leaving the cottage in such a tidy state when you left. It makes such a difference when getting things as homely as possible before the next guests' arrival. You are welcome back at any time and I look forward to your next visit.
hopkinsto...
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 4 November 2015 for a stay in October 2015
person found this review helpful

I recently stayed here with my wife and dog and was really surprised with the size of the property, three large double bedrooms, utility room huge bathroom, cloakroom and toilet, with large outside decking area and heated conservatory, great for watching sunrise and seeing birds and squirrels on feeders. The place is tastefully decorated and absolutely crammed with artefacts and memorabilia from all over the world especially South East Asia, Indonesia and the Orient. Loads of storage space and seating ( I claimed the leather recliner and footstool ) large dining table and just about every utensil and amenity you could require. I met the owner David Gardner who is a very nice man and very hard working. The only downside is that the property is going to need money spending to bring into the present but I would not hesitate to stay here again

Date of stay: October 2015
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Artefacts etc.
Liked least: The hill as I have limited mobility at present
5 Nov 2015
Thank you for this warm review. I was pleased to have the three of you as guests at Valley View and I was grateful that you left the property clean and tidy when you left. It makes such a difference.
I am not sure what is meant by the last sentence and it is the first time such a comment has been made. A new washing machine and tumble dryer were purchased during the late summer and a replacement oven is the next thing on the agenda. The property has been let every week bar one since April so there has been no opportunity to carry out some of the external redecoration and tidying work required as a result of the weather this year. I will contact you to see what you are referring to specifically.
I look forward to welcoming you back whenever you can make it.
David
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.