“Dreams of Sadewa”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Sadewa Villa

Far Master Bathroom
Near Master Bathroom
Near Deluxe Bathroom
Near Deluxe Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Montreal, Canada
“Dreams of Sadewa”
Reviewed 25 January 2015 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

When you imagine the perfect vacation spot you’re probably picturing Bequia. And, when you dream of the perfect villa for such a vacation, Sadewa is probably it! My family had the pleasure of spending 2 wonderful weeks at the villa. I’m known for planning the best holidays, but our trip to Bequia was not an ordinary holiday it was going to be my “dream holiday” for my 60th birthday, with all the frills. Sadewa lived up these high expectations.
To start, the villa’s location is perfect for those wanting to get away from the crowds and to enjoy the beauty of the west coast with its undulating landscape and wide bays that offer some spectacular views. In the mornings you get a front row seat as the sun rises above the Atlantic. And, in the evenings, though the sunsets are on the other side of the island, the hills and valleys that lead back into Port Elizabeth reflect the golden light of the setting sun that turn into polka dotted strings of lights from distant houses as dusk sets. Dreamy!
Then there’s the layout of the villa itself. My husband and I spent the first six days alone as a couple and never felt it was too much house because of the layout. It includes two wings with a central outdoor rotunda that leads to a covered dining area with the pool beyond. Each wing has a couple of bedrooms all beautiful and set up to be good enough to be a master. When our adult children joined us for the second week they were assigned the bedrooms in the second wing (the one with the kitchen), which makes for complete privacy for both them and us. We choose the “main” master bedroom, in the living room wing, with the best view of Spring Bay from its private balcony. Not only are the views beautiful but also with its perch being higher than the other bedroom it felt safe enough to keep the balcony doors open at night. Not only did the breezes make it unnecessary to have air conditioning but we also got to experience the spectacular night skies with endless view of the Milky Way. To top it off, we were there during a full moon, which was the ultimate light show when it reflected off the white limestone tiles of the balcony. Pretty special!
The common areas of the villa are great. Worth special mention is the pool. Its crescent shape makes it larger than you think. You can get a good little workout doing a few laps. We pretty much lived in the outdoor dining area under the rotunda and had all our meals there. And, then the well-equipped kitchen is designed to have several cooks move around easily so ideal for a family who love cooking and food. Speaking of food, we ate in most of the time but did select a few local favourites like Mac Pizza (great pizza & bread), Whaleboner where the ice cream is the best, and Gingerbread where I ordered my birthday cake – great chocolate cake. And, you’ll probably want to try the island lobster. Its not the same as that found in the cold waters off Nova Scotia but very tasty. You’re sure to have a visit from a local fisherman who’ll deliver to the house. But know in advance that you should offer him a ride back into town, or better yet arrange to meet him in town – it's a long way for locals who generally travel by foot. And, if you’re a foodie, make sure to check out Doris’ grocery store. She has almost anything you can find in the best groceries in North America. But be sure to bring your credit card.
With such a beautiful house it’s tempting to stay at home but we encourage you to explore the Spring Estate area where we came upon a little surprise park at the top of the hill with incredible views of St. Vincent. Note that it’s a pretty steep climb, or you can take the car. Yes, you’ll need a car. And, then there’s Firefly Plantation just off the main road. It’s got great food and offers a fun tour for those who are happy with the simple things in life.
All in all, Sadewa was a great find and I had the best birthday celebration. We can’t wait to go back.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
OReilly39
Barbados
“Special place in a special island”
Reviewed 9 September 2014 for a stay in September 2014

Spent a couple days with my family and had I could only describe as an extremely special and memorable time.

This is a luxuriously appointed Villa with a some wonderful views. Ideally located in the hills of Spring, about 5 minutes drive from the capital Port Elizabeth. It is a great alternative to a hotel if you value privacy, and the flexibility of indoor and outdoor living. We fully utilized and appreciated the pool, the kitchen, and enjoyed having breakfast and dinner on the deck.

It is the perfect way to experience a beautifully lazy island such as Bequia. Thanks to the management and staff for the family memories. Highly recommended.

Shankar S
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 for a stay in May 2014

We stayed in the villas in the month of may. Being from bombay we wanted a place away from the maddening crowd to get some peace and quiet. My seven year old daughter Nidhi and my wife Sudha absolutely loved the pool and the view from it. The villa has amazing views. We are already planning our next trip.

Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
CT

Luxury-minded travelers
Canada
Reviewed 17 July 2013 for a stay in November 2012

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing