“1700s meets 1970”

The Swan Hotel
Ranked #4 of 7 Harleston B&B and Inns
“1700s meets 1970”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

As with the previous reviews, not a lot has changed. Friendly helpful staff, but drab and sole destroying surroundings. I didn't eat in, but should I should have given it a go. I've stayed in a few Faulty Towers in my time, but this is right up there. At the right price you could say you get what you pay for. If I was paying out of my pocket, I would have turned around and gone home. I should have done my homework before booking, but you expect Late Rooms to do that for you and charge accordingly, shame on you Late Rooms. My advice, negotiate a price with them directly, you might get a bargain.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Delroy P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Ipswich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Everyone at the Swan, staff and locals, gave me a very warm welcome. The double room was very comfortable and an unexpected treat as I had booked a single. I didn't eat there as I was visiting friends but I wouldn't hestiate to go back to the Swan because of the friendliness of the reception and the charming accommodation.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank 622SarahA
Sunshine, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

it was easy and quick to book the table, myself and my friend were led to our table by a polite young man and it was nicely set. we were served by a pleasant waitress who took our orders after a respectable time to browse them. our drinks were seved quickly and the meal was beautifully cooked. the salmon i had was wonderful and my friend said her duck was delicious. the desserts we had were handmade and fantastic. we split the bill and the bartender had no worries about doing our meals seperately. we had a lovely time and a beautiful meal. i would recommend the swan to anyone, especially at christmas.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Sophie H
Diss, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

My husband and I were fortunate enough to be invited to a 85th birthday party at Harleston Swan Hotel for a carvery lunch which was absolutely delicious; a good choice of meats and a variety of lovely fresh veg. We walked in a side door and the parts of the hotel we walked through to get to the carvery looked very comfortable. The dining room where the carvery was situated was quite large which was just as well as there were over 40 people attending the same party as us and there were several other customers enjoying the food too. The waitress' were very attentive and friendly. I heard several people say that they would return!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank R P T
Eye, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014

Good polite service in resturant, staff all friendly and efficient. Carvery lunch good value for money. Hotel owner behind the carvery counter and talking to all guests was a pleasant surprise.

Only slight minus point - Roasted potatoes were rather oily with no alternative option.

Nonetheless, worth a visit for a generous meal at a good price.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GaryBaldwin
Harleston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Good service in resturant,carvery was very good value for money.childrens meals were of good quality and value.could have done with a bit more heating,but still worth a visit for good food at a good price.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank happydad76
Shropshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

We booked a double room and were given the bridal suite as that was all they had left, it was a really huge old room with beams and a four poster bed. The staff were lovely, really helpful and very friendly. They went with us in the car to show us the back road to the car park. We spent the evening in the bar, and again the staff were attentive and good fun.
A very old pub, so lots of wonky floors and low beams....very nice.
Breakfast was delicious and there was a good choice.
We did not eat in the restaurant, so cannot comment on that.
Would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Lesley W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harleston
J.D.Young
#1 of 1 in Bungay
Wortwell Hall Barn
Wortwell Hall Barn
#1 of 7 in Harleston

Been to The Swan Hotel? Share your experiences!