“Just what we were looking for.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Harleston
Rooms at no Three, Chameleon House
Ranked #2 of 6 Harleston B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We stayed for 2 nights. Two families of 4., 2 rooms. The Chameleon set up was perfect for us. On the Friday we had dinner in the restaurant (4 adults 4 young children) they accommodated us perfectly in the restaurant, food was good and fairly priced. Staff excellent. Breakfast is served in your room (well apartment to do it justice) which when you have young children works really well. The guys have catered for children well i.e. board games/toys in the rooms. We were in room 2000 which is apartment like, having a separate room for the children was great, however steep stairs (may be worth having a stair gate at the top) however it is advised on the website when you book so we were aware. Would recommend Chameleon highly!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Richard B

Reviewed 27 June 2013

My husband and I have just returned from staying at this beautiful property. We were visiting family in this lovely Market Town and the Restaurant with Rooms was highly recommended to us. There are 3 letting bedrooms in the beautifully renovated property and we stayed in Room 2001 with en suite facilities. The decor is absolutely fabulous, it was a truly "home from home" experience.
Breakfast was served in our room and our table was situated in the window overlooking the street. The food was mouth watering and there was a great choice to choose from.
The owners, Ginni and Peter were very welcoming, friendly people.
We will definitely be staying here again when next down visiting family, and we cannot recommend this Hotel highly enough

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barbara G
Reviewed 9 June 2013

I came to stay as a friend had a wedding in the area and the reviews on here looked great so I booked a room for myself and my boyfriend at the time. The hotel lived up to my expectations, the rooms were lovely, well equipped and clean. I was part of a group staying at the hotel and we were left to our own devices which was exactly what we wanted and so was great.

Unfortunately my stay ended on a bad note when we came to settling the bill. At the time of booking I had made the reservation for 2 people to share the room but in the week leading up to our stay my boyfriend, of 6 years, and I separated and so he did not come to the wedding with me. I was therefore occupying the room on my own. When it came to paying the bill I was informed that I would still need to pay the enhanced price for 2 people as this is what I had stated at booking and 'it was not their fault' that I had come on my own in the end. I explained the circumstances apologising for not calling ahead but that the week had been particularly distressing for me due to the break up and had not thought to do so. The price difference was £60. I was then told as a gesture that I could have a £15 discount which was not to my satisfaction as that would have been the cost for the 2 breakfasts that I had not had! I would understand if being informed in advance would have allowed me to be moved to a smaller single room so the room I had booked could be given to someone else, but I do not believe there to be any smaller single rooms available at this hotel. I was absolutely disgusted with this treatment and therefore will certainly not be returning. This was not the friendly and personable service I had expected to receive from reading the other comments on this site.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Emma P
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This was a last minute booking as we were visting relatives in the area and I am so glad we found a room here! I was travelling with my two children and so we had Room 2002 at the top of the house. It is up quite a steep staircase so probably not suitable for anyone that struggles with stairs but when you reach the room it is an intriguing self contained apartment, with everything you would need for your stay - well equipped kitchen, lovely bathroom and good sized bedroom with double bed and an extra single for my son. Ginny and Peter were ver accomodating, and fabulous hosts! The food in the restaurant was excellent and the breakfasts were also wonderful. My two children were even asked if they would like to help make their own breakfast which they thought was fantastic! Highly recommended and a great place to use as a base for visiting local attractions.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 2002, but the other rooms and also self catering apartment in the garden were also...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank AlisonStafford
Reviewed 27 May 2013

We had a wedding to go to locally so booked in here. WOW what a great place. Beautifully restored lots of original features and the rooms were fantastic. Its the nice little touches aswell. Thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FlipnFlop
Reviewed 10 April 2013

I booked a room at Chameleon House at 10pm the night before I arrived, they waited up for me after I got lost. The room was large, very clean and homely, all the touches you would expect from a high end boutique hotel. The owner brought breakfast to the room every morning (continental or full-English). I also had the pleasure of eating at the restaurant, one of the best sirloin steaks I have had for a long time. The owners and staff were very welcoming, I couldn't have picked a better place to stay. I will be bringing my family next time.

Room Tip: Room 2001 can be prepared to a hotel suite. The building is period and has its quirks, the only down...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank DWadley1980
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I had dinner here on Saturday evening and the food, service and setting was fantastic.

We were a large table plus a 5 month old, we had our own little area, the wood burner made the setting extremely welcoming and cosy.

Recommended to anyone with children, look forward to going again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank kittycat23
Also consider these accommodations in or near Harleston
J.D.Young
#1 of 6 in Harleston
The Swan Hotel
The Swan Hotel
#4 of 6 in Harleston

Been to Rooms at no Three, Chameleon House? Share your experiences!