other travellers have booked this property

Review of Granary cottage

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

superdrea...
Thirsk, United Kingdom
“Absolutely average”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014

The cottage was conveniently located for our requirements, but took a bit of finding as the entrance being opposite the non-existent 'colourful village sign' was not a great deal of help. I have to say it was the most uncomfortable bed we have ever tried to sleep in, definitely needs a new mattress. The brick floor in the passage way just does not work, cold and uncomfortable on your feet when visiting the bathroom in the middle of the night.
Generally in need of a good clean and attention to detail such as the loose hot tap in the hand basin, fridge door not closing properly.
With a little TLC this could be a lovely little cottage, and as my wife always says, the owners of rentals should live in it themselves for a week and they would then see the faults.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Lounge area
Liked least: The bed and brick floor
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Management Response
15 May 2014
Having read this review I notice that the village sign has been removed, maybe for re-painting so I will not mention this when giving directions in future until it has been put back.
As to the cleanliness of the property I have just had all the carpets professionally cleaned and the cottage is thoroughly cleaned between lets so this is something of a mystery . Certainly when I went to meet the people staying there was no mention that anything was not to their liking and they commented that they thought the cottage was very nice. I always say to people that if there are any problems at all they should come and let me know as we live next door and can sort any problems out.
I am putting a rug on the brick floor outside the bathroom so no need to walk the couple of steps on the brick floor. It is a shame that the question of the mattress was not raised after the first night as I could have put another one in there and I will be putting a better one on the bed. Nobody else who has stayed at the cottage has told me that they found it uncomfortable but the problem is now being addressed. As to the fridge the catch is broken on the freezer compartment but it still closes and keeps food frozen and the fridge is de-frosted between lets. There is nothing amiss with the fridge door.
I would say that generally the cottage is well maintained, the washing machine is brand new and there is a new toilet in the bathroom. If we are made aware of any problems in the cottage they are addressed without delay.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing