“Beautiful and Relaxing”

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Beautiful and Relaxing”
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I do not speak French and was so pleased that they spoke English as well as they could speak French!! We had a wonderful walk around the grounds and then went and taste tested all of their wines...I recommend their Grey Wine!!!!!! Oh and their La Marquise that is exquisite!! We had a beautiful lunch with more wine tasting and it was an all round beautiful day!! So by all means check it out!! Open year round!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Gwen S

Montreal, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Worse than horrible service, expensive, not worth it!”
Reviewed 23 September 2012

We went for my aunts birthday. We had rented a section of their restaurant.
From the start, the 2 waitresses seemed annoyed and stressed out by such a large group of people. I asked to taste their wines, makes sense because it's a winery right? you would think that would be a reasonable request, anyways, I was told "you guys are a lot and if I let you all taste wine, my inventory won't balance and it will be deducted from my pay" ummm ok
Next, the head waitress who looks like she should have retired ages ago was obviously very annoyed with the fact that we were with children because as soon as they would get off their chair, she would say something along the lines of "could you tell your children to sit down, I almost tripped on them" At some point she looked at the table where they were sitting, the kids had moved their utensils to the side so they could draw, and she said "oh boy look at the table, this is out of hand" I can't even remember everything she said to us that night, but she must have reprimanded us at least 6 times. I felt like we were bothering them.
We were served duck, which was so hard, I couldn't pick it off the bone. Their house wine is so mediocre, I ended up ordering a bottle from California. And for our family of 4, it ended up costing us close to 200$. Oh I almost forgot, one of the waitresses even walked out of the kitchen cursing out loud at some point, that was really classy!

La route des vins" is worth seeing, but I really have had much better experiences in other wineries.

Visited September 2012
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Great Quebecois Vineyard”
Reviewed 7 July 2012 via mobile

A nice place to visit but not that different from other vineyards in the area. Although famous for being one of the first in the region, it's not that much different from the rest. Tasting the wines has a fixed price that is well advertised, which is good, and the staff is professional enough to make a very good impression. Overall a nice place to visit.

Sherbrooke, Qc
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Great”
Reviewed 24 February 2012

A very nicely organized and run winery, probably the most renowned in Quebec. Nice variety of quality products, friendly tours and exhibits, very much worth the detour. Red wines still not as generous and refined as everything else, but that possibly reflects my personal preference for reds coming from distinct French and Italian terroirs.

Canada
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“A little touch of Europe in Quebec!”
Reviewed 4 August 2011

This winery offers the usual wine tastings which I did not partake of as it was our 4th winery that day and I was driving! However my friends tell me that the quality was good. The staff at the reception were friendly, helpful and spoke English. Tours are available however they suggest calling a day in advance to book. The store is large with much tourist literature and a variety of merchandise and gifts. There is a restaurant attached however as it was 3pm we had missed lunch. We sat on the adjoining terrace shaded by vines and our server suggested a plate of local patés, cheeses and salad. Great choice although a little pricey and definitely not enough to feed most men. However as we were three girls it was perfect accompanied by the house wine (I abstained!) All the staff were extremely helpful. There are hiking trails however as it was over 30C we decided to lounge on the terrace. I will return and try to make the lunch next time as they serve mostly local produce.

Visited July 2011