“Better organised, this would be outstanding” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eat at Milton's

Eat at Milton's
Ranked #138 of 3,600 Restaurants in Athens
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Plaka
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Better organised, this would be outstanding”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

Certainly the most ambitious food I ate in Athens, and one meal there must rank among my best ever. This was dinner, after a chance lunch that highlighted a number of the restaurant’s characteristics: a risotto with the best grilled shrimp for years, a waiter who apparently didn’t notice that he’d dropped a dirty knife on me and a waitress who, trying to help, mopped away with a black paper napkin, leaving a different stain on my light coloured shorts. But the food was good enough for me to go back for dinner: carpaccio of squid, followed by peppered tuna steak, both absolutely outstanding, followed by a wonderfully light rum baba. The kir wasn’t great, but the recommended white (a sauvignon blanc blend) was excellent.

I later went back with colleagues for an equally good meal – I particularly remember the sea bass – though I can’t recommend the champagne cocktail, topped I think with egg white.

Downsides: at lunch, particularly irritating musak, and continuing “technical problems” with card acceptance. Poorly organised (but very pleasant) wait staff, which at my first dinner resulted in the starter arriving at the same time as the bread and olives. The power was off for most of the evening, which may not have helped, though mercifully it did rule out the musak. And it’s not cheap: €270 for three, with only one modest bottle of wine.

But, if I’m in Athens again, I’ll be back.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cologne, Germany
“when the wrapping paper is better than the present...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We decided to try out this restaurant in Adrianu, in the centre of Plaka. It looked appealing, possibly a bit pretentious but in the end it was our last day of holiday and wanted to end the it with a fancy dinner. A nice show of polite waiters and multi lingual Maitre de la Salle. The food was nice but not up to the standards the restaurant pretended to have. The 1 Michelin star Chef, Alain Parodi, is a good cook when it comes to the apetizers however spaghetti with seashell cooked with butter is an insult to the Mediterranean cuisine. When we wanted to settled the bill we have been told that no cards where accepted due to technical problems. Solutions proposed: collect money from the closest ATM machine... We gave the cash we had (which was closer to the amount requested) and left unhappy.
The location is great and the place has potential however I would recommend a step back before pretending to be something you have not yet achieved

Verona
“good cuisine, but expensive with credit card connection problems...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Typical tourist place in the centre of Plaka. Make sure that credit card connection is working (...) before having a bad surprise....In spite of this "technical"problem the cuisine is excellent even if a bit expensive for Athens. Nice dish presentation and good atmosphere.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank grigolog
Nashville, Tennessee
“Be careful ! They don't take credit cards and won't tell you until you have eaten !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We had a nice meal there 5-29-2014. When they brought the check our waiter told us that they couldn't take credit cards because their 'communications were down' and had been down for the last 3 years. The Manager said that was false and it was just tonight ... so who was lying and how long had they known this ? When I'm spending $50 - $75 euros at a place with a Michelin rated chef ... I think "Cash Only" should be disclosed UP FRONT !!

Singapore, Singapore
“Tasty but Expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I visited this restaurant with my wife for a lunch. Our table was in terrace area with comfort. We ordered Greek salad, grilled squid and risotto with cheese and mushroom. We loved all meals, especially, we were impressed with the decoration of Greek salad. On the other hand, the prices were high. We can accept 30 EUR for main course but not 20EUR or more for most of appetizer. I would like the restaurant to prepare 8 to 12 EUR for appetizer.
The staff were friendly, but our wine glasses had been empty for more than 5 minutes several times (finally I asked them to put a bottle on our table), also the waitress forgot to come to our table for the bill and made us wait on the table for a long time. I cannot say the quality of services were high.
In my opinion, taste and decoration of meals were very good, the prices should be reduced, friendliness was good, and quality of service was below fair.

• 5 of 5 bubbles