“Superb food, excellent service, wonderful atmosphere”
Review of Eat at Milton's

Eat at Milton's
Ranked #221 of 3,971 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Plaka
Brisbane
“Superb food, excellent service, wonderful atmosphere”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Eat at Miltons is not only one of the best restaurants in Greece ....it is one of the best restaurants we have been to.
The food is truly superb, such divine combinations of flavors.
We shared an entree of a veal salad with tuna dressing.... wow.
I then had the squid bursting with flavor and our waiter explained about a local spinach looking vegetable that it was served with (upon my asking, as I was very curious about its somewhat crispy texture).
My husband had the tuna steak, cooked superbly and very very tasty. The wine selection is excellent and the Olive bread was very nice indeed.
Every dish that was presented to us was exquisite with full flavors and subtle delights.
With no room for dessert, we requested our bill and were presented with a marshmellow each and a pistachio caramel toffee. Just when I thought it couldn't get any better...it did....this was marshmellow like I have never tasted.....all made right in their kitchen.
What is a must to mention is the service we experienced....it was more than excellent. the staff are friendly, warm and wonderfully good at what they do. Thank you for helping to make our first trip to Greece, so delightful.
Eat at Miltons should definitely be of your list of places to visit.
They do everything here very very well.
Thank you from Simone and Michael Boyd....Australia.

Visited July 2014

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“Disappointing and best avoided”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We decided to give this place a whirl as a bit of a change from our enjoyment of the local Greek cuisine. Yes this restaurant is expensive but I don't have a problem with the price tag if everything lives up to expectations. Sadly it was not to be.

The menu is small but concise, a lobster for two will cost you 100 euros but most of the fishes sit in the 30 to 40 euro range for a main course. Drinks wise we only had soft drinks, a coke light will set you back 2.50 euros and a bottle of water about 4 euros.

The fish of the day was very good and the only thing saving the restaurant getting a worse review. The steak was poor, over cooked and chewy and came with no veg whatsoever. Eventually we were brought a small pot of mash and a handful of chips (fries), quite pathetic really.

Staff were friendly but in a world of their own and completely disinterested. When the bill came I queried an item and was told it was for the bread.....which they never brought us in the first place. Total price for three of us was 120 euros (3 main courses and three drinks).

Personally I would leave this restaurant off your list, it's just not worth the price tag.

Visited July 2014
Singapore, Singapore
“amazing food”
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

The saffron rice with the seafood risotto was fantastic. Probably the best food I've had in Athens. Attentive waiters and, yes, not cheap but the ambience, location, attention to food detail made it worth it.

• Visited July 2014
Milan, Italy
“Ridiculously expensive”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I had a lunch with my girlfriend here. Well, the place is really cosy. Food is tasty but the portion are very small and ridiculously expensive. Especially for being in Athens.

3 Thank SiM0StOne
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Terrible, pretentious and overpriced....”
Reviewed 4 July 2014

..We went here for a drink and something to eat, we found the staff to be helpful but the food and drink is terribly overpriced and we felt it to be very poor. We would have been much better off going to a genuine restaurant which wasn't trying to be something it isn't. In addition we had some concerns around the hygiene since there was a smell of drains now and again, this could have come from elsewhere, but it was off putting to say the least....I would find somewhere else if you're looking for a memorable (good) experience.

• Visited July 2014