“Nothing beats this lovely view!!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Diodos Archaias Agoras

Diodos Archaias Agoras
Ranked #68 of 3,596 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Cheap Eats, Romantic, Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Monastiraki
Athens, Greece
“Nothing beats this lovely view!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Diodos restaurant is one of our favorite spots for my wife and me. It’s very close to monastiraki train station, about 10 minutes walking distance. It’s located next to the railway tracks but this doesn’t make it disturbing at all. On the contrary we believe that it’s one of the most impressive spots to gaze the Acropolis with the lights on. The scenery is just unique and all this at an affordable price if you choose to dine or even just have a drink.
The food is very good, and I’ve noticed that it gets better and better, year after year. We usually order a meat plate for two or a combination of meat and fish. These dishes include a variety of many interesting delicacies (pork, chicken, sausages etc.). The sweet they give for free to guests (usually panakota) is amazingly tempting for a guy who’s on a constant diet (yeah right).
I recommend it to all of you. If you don’t like it or if there are no tables free, don’t worry because there are so many other options nearby. So many restaurants side by side and almost all of them with an amazing view.

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
“Good place for a Greek meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We went in the evening and choose this restaurant because we saw it was almost full and with a lot of Greek people. This is normally the best sign. Very tasty pork souvlaki and especially the pork giros. Good portions and nice service. Also not expensive.

Visited May 2014
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Lovely food and great service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Domitri was very welcoming and the food and coffee was very nice.
Greek salad, fried zucchini, squeaky cheese and crusty herb bread.
Very good service .

Lexington, Virginia
“Good food, fantastic location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

After several days in Athens I finally found somewhere that takes credit cards. This meant that I could order what I wanted and not just what I could afford with the cash I had in my wallet. I mention this because it made me happy and might bias this review. Another thing to mention is that I keep trying to order grilled sardines and finding either that no fish is on the menu, or it's on the menu but they are out of sardines, or they have grilled sardines on the menu but tell me I can only have them fried. At Diodos I finally got grilled sardines and they were just what I wanted. Nothing incredible, just well cooked fish. I also had grilled eggplant, which was delicious. And they brought me a free dessert (everyone seemed to be getting one). If I looked to my left I saw the Acropolis, and if I looked straight I saw the Temple of Hephaestus in the ancient agora, which is right across the street. The sardines were 8 euros, which is the same as other places in this neighborhood, and the eggplant (an appetizer) was 7 euros. The service was friendly. It's not gourmet food, but I don't know what they could have done to make it any better.

Αθήνα, Ελλάδα
“A good choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

The restaurant is in a very convinient place, just in front of the Agora exit at Adrianou street. Probably after climbing the Acropolis and visiting the ancient Agora you will be hungry and that's the place I would suggest you should have your lunch. I would suggest the mix-grill (adequate for three adults) and for a salad, the Ntakos. The meet quality is good and you will certainly enjoy the view. The service is also quick and quite helpful.