“This tour felt like visiting Greece with a knowledgeable Greek cousin!”

Taxi Tours - Jordan Daioglou
Ranked #60 of 273 Tours in Athens
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: What's that? You don't speak Greek? You don't like those tour buses that keep you on a rigid time schedule? You want something flexible with a more “personal” touch to it? If you want to see the places that all visitors should see when they come to Greece and also those little “out of the way” spots that the tourists would never find on their own or in the tour books, you have come to the right place. Whether you want a tour of Athens or venture out of the city, myself or one of my trusted, experienced associates can be your personal driver and guide for a time you will not soon forget.What a comfort it is to know that someone will be there waiting for you when you arrive at the airport. If you aren't sure about where to stay, I can help you with finding a hotel and, for sure, show you the places for the best Greek food. Enjoy riding in style and comfort in an air-conditioned Mercedes car.
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Since my idea of a tour is not the same as most, I don't like to travel in a group or on a bus. Seeing Greece with Jordan was like seeing it through the eyes of a family member who not only knows a lot of history, but also knows the special spots that only the local know and that could never accommodate a tour group. He adjusted his agenda to match my wishes, spending longer on some sights and skipping others. In each location that we visited, he took me to his personal favorite eating spots where the owners, being his friends, prepared dishes that were incredibly delicious and unforgettable. He knows so many people! He has a great sense of humor and was easy to be around for the four day trip. His car is very comfortable, and he is an excellent driver. I highly recommend taking a tour with Jordan!

2  Thank Hanna C
in 17 reviews
"sights"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed 10 January 2012

We are a family of 3 and before we left for Athens we reviewed and finally decided on Jordan Daioglou to be our priate tour guide He was very easy to email and communication with Jordan was prompt and reliable. We opted for the Athens extended city tour and we made a whole day tour reservation . It was a great choice.

Jordan was prompt and a little bit early and was waiting for us already. The taxi was very nice. jhordan gave us not only profesional service, but also a lot good knowledge about Athens. Before we reached a site, he always told us about the histroy, how to get around and what's the things must see.

Because the early starting, we saw everyting on our wish list, Acropolis, Parthenon, The Temple of Zeus, The Panathenaic Stadium,The Hill of Lycabettous(with a breaktaking view), change of guards, acient agora, and New Acropolis Museum (a really good choice for the afternoon since it's hot outside)

For lunch, he suggest a typical Greek food at a good price. Everyone enjoyed choice.
We had a great time in Athens, thanks to Jordan!

jordan is reliable and honest, this guy yu can trust. Thank you Jordan!

5  Thank F5993GMericd
Reviewed 15 December 2011

We were on a cruise and compared our private tour with the large bus tour and Jordan was 5 stars! Jordan is a history buff, he is so knowledgeable about Greece its culture the history and its beauty. We had the best day. We were a group of 11, had 4 taxi's he dropped us off at the Acropolis took us to Parliment, the shopping district and a small delicious neighborhood restaurant. If you want to see Greece the way it should be seen book Jordan and his great staff you will not be disappointed

4  Thank coolpopp
Reviewed 20 November 2011

I must tell you that I have been to MANY places in Europe but nowhere can be compared to the beauty and splendor (both ancient and modern) that is Greece. My first experience was in December 1993 with a couple of friends. We enjoyed 7 wonderful days in and around the Athens area. The Hotel Astor was a nice experience. We walked and walked and walked in Athens (good exercise but be prepared) to see the things we wanted to see. The weather was beautiful and warm that December.
My next visit was in December 2001. My friends and I again stayed at the Hotel Astor where, that year, they hooked us up with Mr. Jordan. All I can say is WOW! We were very pleased and spent the rest of our time touring parts of Greece with him. Very knowledgeable, dependable, courteous, and most importantly he took us to the very best off-the-beaten-path places to dine like a true Greek on local dishes with delicious local wines. He took us on the Argolis tour, Delphi, and to the Sounion coast. Beautiful and historic places!! Well worth the visits!! We were truly treated like kings during our stay. There is no way Greece could have been the experience it was without Jordan’s great service and advice. The only drawback was the weather. It was rainy and snowing lots that year though I am sure if Mr. Jordan could have conjured the weather, he would have for us!
My most recent visit was October 2008 where my friend, Charles, and I stayed again at the Hotel Astor and, of course, we spent our time with Jordan when we weren’t asleep at the hotel. This time we had conversed with him prior to our arrival and had a complete and detailed itinerary mapped out. We began that morning with Corinth, continuing on to Sparta and Mistras, then winding our way through the steep and gorgeous mountains (can’t remember the name of the mountains) on to Olympia where we spent our first night. The next day we toured ancient Olympia and continued on through beautiful Greek countryside to Delphi where we again spent the night at a motel Jordan had already arranged for us. The next day we toured Delphi and then continued on to Kalambaka where we saw the ancient monasteries at Meteora. Absolutely beautiful. We spent the night in Kalambaka where I had some of the best grilled lamb chops and local wine I think I’ve ever had anywhere! Awesome!!! The next day we began our way back to Athens and stopped at Thermopylae to see the area where the ancient battle took place.
I must write; if you’re thinking of traveling to Greece and have two days or two weeks your time will be best utilized by obtaining the services of Mr. Jordan Diaglou. I know when I go back again; he will be my first contact. Thank you, Jordan, and God bless!! Keep up the great service!!

3  Thank dwshook
Athens-Tours, Owner at Taxi Tours - Jordan Daioglou, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2011

It was my pleasure to meet you and your friends and show you a part of my country. I hope we will meet again for another Greek adventure in the near future.