AthenStyle Hostel
Cecil Hotel(Athens)
Hotel Athinaikon(Athens)
Plaka Hotel(Athens)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop bargreat locationbunk bedsflea marketmetro stationwalking distancean amazing viewvisit athensmajor attractionscentral athenssyntagma squarewifiacropolisbalconybackpackerskitchenettelaundry
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 June 2010

Athenstyle is a well-located, spotless hostel with very friendly staff. We had a 3 person private room, which came with a kitchen. They also had a cool den and a nice rooftop bar with very cheap beers, and a great view of the Acropolis

All good things, however, do not come cheap - it was about 90 euros a night for the three of us.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 June 2010

Great spot, free internet, AC, balcony with view, nice bathroom/shower, comfy beds. Complaint was they put us in the creepy building next door. I thought i was going to get kidnapped if i went in by myself. Besides the strange building next door they have rooms in, we had a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2010

Excellent place to stay. This was my first experience staying in a hostel.
I loved it. The staff were very friendly, rooms were great. I stayed in two different rooms, I booked into a private room as I am 46 and did not want to share with younger people. The atmosphere of the hostel was wonderful. The rooftop bar was magical and the Strawberry Daquaris made by the two boys were great and cheap. The view spectactular, I just sat there mesmorised by the beauty of the ancient buildings lit up at night. I met so many people from all over the world. I location was perfect, you could walk to all the major attractions in Athens.
I stayed in two different rooms whilst I was there, they upgraded me to a double room for the first three nights and then i was put in a single room for my last night.
I even came back for an additional night at the end of my trip.
There is free wifi internet and for those people like me who did not have a computer there were three computers in the basement to use. (free of charge).
I have recommended this hostel to other travellers I met after leaving Athens, they were planning on booking in.
A bonus to staying in this hostel breakfast is provided, tea coffee, cereals, bread and jam. Exactly the same in every place i stayed in greece.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2010

just got back, what a fantastic hostel with a terrific atmosphere. very clean and cheap well worth staying there. brilliant location and fantastic views of the acropolis. staff were friendly and welcoming and a big shout to robin and chase who made wicked strawberry daquiris!!! absolutely loved the place.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Bel P, Front Office Manager at AthenStyle Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2015

Dear guest,

thank you so much for your review. We are happy to hear you had a great time with us. Our staff love doing what they do and it's not a job for us, especially when we know guests like you feel welcome and are satisfied. Come and visit us again soon!

Reviewed 24 May 2010

The staff were friendly, helpful and available 24 hours. The rooms were bare minimum (plain, nothing fancy) but sufficient since we only needed a convenient place to rest at night. Location was close to Monastiraki Square with easy access to Ermou and Syntagma Square about 10 minutes away. There was free Internet access downstairs, lots of lounging space, a nice small bar on the top floor with a good view of the Parthenon.

Best thing was the location. Worst part was the noise at night because of the bar upstairs. I think they have a no-noise policy past midnight because it always eventually winded down after a while. But ear plugs should take care of this problem easily.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple