“one of the most excellent city hotel in Athens”

Athens Center Square
Ranked #22 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I stayed 2 nights in that wonderful hotel. In the city centre of Athens close to Monastiraki area (metro station). Renovated and very clean hotel. Very comfortable and one step far from the heart of Athens. I totally recommend it.

Room Tip: The rooms are modern and renovated. Convenient location, very good staff
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Dimitris N
Dorina S, General Manager at Athens Center Square, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2014

Dear Dimitris N
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the site following your stay with us and for your recommendation! It was our great pleasure to take care of you.Hope to see you again in the future.
Happy 2014!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

the hotel is in a fantastic location, great hospitality especially Eliace and Olga the receptionists, highly recommended for all kind of vacations, the rooms are clean and orginized, free WIFI, nice breakfast and once again very close the everything just in the center of the city

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Eyal E

Dear Eyal E
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on the site following your stay with and we very much appreciate your feedback. It is a pretty and pleasant hotel and we are in a great location and I am thrilled that you enjoyed it. I have passed your kind words to all the team who genuinely are grateful. Thank you for staying with us. We wish you a beautiful new year filled with peace and gladness. We look forward to seeing you again in 2014.
Best wishes!

Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel situated very close from Monastiraki, in the heart Of the Athens market( for those who have light sleep, staying on the lowest floors could get you a bit annoyed).Rooms are clean and spaciuos enough for a couple. Great staff and rich breakfast.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Chiara B

Dear Chiara_bkc
Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your stay with us and I am delighted to hear that you are pleased with your stay and you enjoyed the location, the room,the breakfast and of course the staff. We look forward to serving you in 2014.
We wish you peace, happiness, and abundant good health in the new year.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

Our room was clean and well appointed. The hotel is near the metro. I wasn't a fan on the area around the hotel - I felt safe, but it wasn't quaint by any means. If you are up for a walk you can also walk to the main sites from the hotel. The hotel has a very nice rooftop lounge with a great view of the acropolis.
We had a little trouble finding the hotel, so my advice is to look up - as it is a big building and the name of the hotel is on it.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Euro_101

Dear Euro_101
I thank you for staying at our hotel and for your positive review. I am glad after experiencing yourself, you mentioned, that the location though it may looks shabby, it is indeed very safe and very close to all attractions as it is just few minutes’ walk from Plaka area in front of the colorful fruit market. Referring to your comment about finding our hotel, on our website there are "directions" on how you can find the access easily! I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back on a future visit and please do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance.
Have a wonderful new year!

Reviewed 18 December 2013

This was my first visit to Athens and did a ton of research on hotels prior to my stay. We picked Athens Center Square because of the reviews, price, and location. My boyfriend and I were both pleasantly surprised with our 4 night stay.

I like to walk and explore new cities so instead of taking a taxi to our hotel from the airport, we took the Metro. Just a note on the Metro, it is clean and very easy to use but be careful to look after your things. Anyway, from the Metro stop we only had to walk about two block to the hotel entrance. The hotel did a good job instructing people how to get there.

The room itself was very nice, clean, and large. The bathroom was huge. We opted for a room with a balcony which was a nice feature at night. The morning breakfast was decent, pretty typical breakfast food for a hotel. The entire hotel seemed clean and the staff was very nice.

The best part about the hotel was the location. Not having been to Athens before I didn't know everything is pretty much within walking distance. But this hotel is conveniently located which makes walking to any part of the city very easy. We literally walked everywhere and only took a taxi once to get to the bus station to continue our trip. Walking in Athens can be tricky though, we got "lost" almost every day but it was so great seeing more of the city than we would have if we took the Metro or a taxi everywhere.

Yes, you have to walk through the daily produce market to get to the hotel entrance, and it can seem a little seedy at night but we had no issues whatsoever. This is something we were a bit concerned with given the economic problems in Greece right now. We did see a few protests and a large military/police presence but nothing got out of hand on our visit. Definitely take a walk through the meat market across the street....well, I felt like a piece of meat walking in there, but it was quite a site to see.

Overall, this was a very good hotel for the price and location. If we go back to Athens I wouldn't be as concerned with picking the right location within the city because it's completely walkable. I like to stay at new places when I travel but I wouldn't rule out Athens Center Square for future visits.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Abigail F
Dorina S, General Manager at Athens Center Square, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Dear Abigail F
Thank you for your detailed review following your stay at our lovely hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us in one of our beautiful modern rooms. We are very glad you liked the location of the hotel which is just few minutes’ walk from Plaka area in front of the colorful fruit market and we are glad that after experiencing yourself, you mentioned, that the location though it may looks shabby at night, it is indeed very safe and very close to all attractions. We look forward to accommodating you again in the near future in order to match your expectations once again.
Best wishes

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed at ACS 4 years ago just when the hotel opened and had a great time there, so decided to go back again, especially since we love the neighbourhood and location. Sadly, we were quite disappointed this time as the hotel was not up to our expectations. For example, we were surprised to find that the toilet in the room was dirty (and I mean VERY dirty, like someone had used it and forgot to use the toilet brush) when we checked in. The staff kindly offered us a room move without any questions, but this first impression did not set the right tone for the rest of our stay. Still, it was very good value - and the location is fantastic. Just across the street from the very lively and busy central market (fresh fruit, vegetables, meat, fish and poultry), and a 5-minute walk from Monastiraki and the touristy areas of Plaka down busy Athinas street. Breakfast was good - large choice of food though a bit bland. Staff was nice too, but it depended on who was on duty, with some staff clearly more friendly and professional than others. Overall I'd consider staying here again but I would expect that the room is spotlessly clean when I check in next time!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Caskett
Dorina S, General Manager at Athens Center Square, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Dear Guest,
It is our pleasure to welcome back clients,as our location is new and indeed right in the centre of all of the tourist attractions of Athens. Obviously, I am disappointed to read your experience with us was not up to your expectations and I really apologise.I imagine that there must have been a misunderstanding between the front desk and house keeping. We would greatly appreciate if you give us information, through our e-mail (acs@athenshotelsgroup.com) about your stay in order to understand what happened, investigate and get back to you the soonest possible. Please accept our apologies for the error, and hope you will give us the oportunity to prove our good standard on a future trip to Athens.
Waiting for your reply. Best regards

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Very well located for all the sites and transport. Staff very helpful. Continental breakfast included. Good selection of breads, fruit, cereals, eggs, meats ,cheeses as well as a couple of hot options. Free tea and coffee in the foyer. Other reviews commented on the location with the market right outside the door, however felt safe and great to see the markets at work (did not disturb sleep in any way)
Rooms were large by European standards.
My husband and I had a top floor room facing the Acropolis and we're not disappointed.
Would stay there again. Provided we could get the Acropolis vow rooms.

Room Tip: Recommend top floors facing Acropolis.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank happywanderer070
Dorina S, General Manager at Athens Center Square, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2013

Dear happywanderer070
Thank you for your feedback and a great detailed review of our hotel. We are so happy that you found everything to your liking, in particular your amazing room, the variety our buffet ,the level of service provided and all that the central location has to offer.
We will be looking forward to your next stay!
Best regards