“Very pleasant and comfortable stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Athens Lotus Hotel
Ranked #50 of 325 Hotels in Athens
Prague, Czech Republic
“Very pleasant and comfortable stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013 via mobile

Lotus hotel was a very good pick. Tiny but very cosy and clean rooms, friendly staff, good location - within 15-20 mins walk from city center. Free wifi. We asked for car rent at 10pm and the car was ready the next morning in front of thw hotel where we could also leave it in the evening on the same day. Breakfast was not included in our rate but it was availble - for 10€ which is not the cheapest but the choice was ok. Overall good choice especially if you use the hotel for sleeping only.

• Stayed April 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

I was sincerely surprised by this hotel. The price is very good, metro station is within 5 minutes walking distance, you can walk to the center as well. The rooms are smaller but clean and the bed was very comfortable. The receptionists are very friendly and helpful- helped us to book a rental car for our day trip to Delphi in about 5 minutes- the car came to the reception and we could as well leave it by the hotel after returning back. If I will go back to Athens I will definitely stay here!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank michalkakkk
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2013 via mobile

I was expecting this hotel to be just ok based on the mixed reviews but I've been pleasantly surprised especially by the area. The hotel rooms are very spacious and modern 4 star standard. The service is great and the restaurant was very good for dinner. The hotel is beside the metro. I was expecting the area to be quite rough but I would describe it as mixed and don't understand some of the negative reviews. Some of the nearby streets are busy and a bit rough looking but most are fine. It's beside a supermarket, a mini market and a real hipster cafe place on the corner of mezonos and psaron which I'd also recommend. We also walked to the monastiraki area in 20mins through areas that were fine. I'd definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
2 Thank EmmettMc
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

I am in the midst of a round the world trip - New Zealand, Australia, Thailand, Malaysia, Nepal, Turkey, and Greece are countries I have visited thus far (with still 3 more countries I am visiting on this trip). Consequently, it is quite difficult to impress me. However, the Athens Lotus Hotel did just that. They are outstanding in my opinion - IN EVERY WAY. Let me explain . . . The hotel is conveniently located in the city center, near the metro station, which is easy to use and goes to all the top tourist destinations. Equally important, YOU CAN GO DIRECTLY TO THIS HOTEL VIA THE METRO AT THE AIRPORT AND SAVE AT LEAST 30-40 EUROS BY DOING SO (8 Euros is the metro cost from the airport).

Regarding the staff, they are excellent and most important, quite friendly and helpful. These are tough economic times in Greece, yet the staff always has a smile and has been very helpful when I have asked questions. Most important, I was already booked for 5 nights and wanted to stay longer, but was concerned about cancelling a few of the days because of a possible 2-3 day island trip I was contemplating. In effect, would they cancel those future reservation dates without penalty? Absolutely, according to the manager and her assistant that graciously assisted me. In fact, they extended a 40 Euro single room rate sale they had the day before, so I could take advantage of the reduced rate. In short, they were wonderful and cooperated with me to ensure my stay would be the best it possibly could be. One other benefit they provided me as well - was a free breakfast for each day I stayed with them. Again, I was impressed.

The WIFI is excellent and it is free. This is very important to me because I am writing about my RTW adventure via a blog and an excellent WIFI connection is important to me.

The rooms are first rate. This is easly a 4 star or even 5 star hotel for 3 star rates. The linen and towels are excellent. Same thing with the beds - very comfortable. The rooms are not cramped, with plenty of room for storage. Last, but not least, the rooms are well maintained. Carpeting is excellent and security is as well (each room has a safe).

I had lunch in the restaurant and it was delicious. The restaurant atmosphere is very sophisticated and overall, I found it perfect for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Again, everything is well maintained and modern.

In conclusion, you will not be disappointed in the Lotus Hotel. The ambience is outstanding and the staff - reception, waiters, housekeeping - are first rate. Quite frankly, they deserve recognition for doing a good job and I hope I have helped in a small way by doing this review. I guarantee you will enjoy your stay at the Lotus Hotel!

Room Tip: They can assist in tours.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank blade3colorado
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

We stayed at this hotel as a family. The staff were very helpful and friendly, they helped us book the bus tour and recommended some places to eat. They were brilliant with my youngest son and nothing seemed to be too much trouble. Whilst this hotel isn't located near the centre of tourist attractions or the main places to be in athens it is literally 3 mins walk away from Metaxourghio metro station meaning we had easy access to everywhere we wanted to go. We ate our evening meal here on the first night and found the food to be delicious (as it was everywhere). The breakfast had less choice than other hotels I have been to but it was fresh and tasty and there was certainly enough. The rooms were clean and spacious although, only 1 of the rooms we were in had a balcony. Rooms were cleaned every day and they were even thoughtful enough to check the rooms before we left and returned several items of clothing my 11 year old had missed when packing. Would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Paula S
Cairo, Egypt
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2013

stayed there for 4 nights the rooms are basic, modern and clean but very tiny....no place to put anything...its 2 mins walk to the Metaxourghio Metro station which is a central station...the area around the hotel though is not so good...shabby with no shops or cafes so basically u got out of the hotel and head directly to the station with nothing to look around for...overall its ok but wouldn't recommend it...with the same price u can get something better...

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nadouga
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013

Stayed here by myself for 2 nights, location was good, one stop from the main station, and a minute walk from the metro station, make sure you know which exit to go too as there are two..

Room was nice, basic, had a single room but was a nice size, shower was nice and hot and powerful, got a real good deal on the hotel so was very happy with the choice.. My room even had a nice balcony which was nice...

Breakfast wasnt included but I paid when I was there, it was only 7 euros and was well worth it, nice juice, usual breakfast, but was a nice touch and kept me going for the day..

Wifi include was a nice touch and was fast.. Good tv with some good channels..

If I ever went Athens again I would definitely stay here especially if it was a good price like I paid!

Room Tip: A room with a balcony