Athens Way
US$204
US$198
Centrotel Hotel(Athens)(Great Value!)
US$226
All reviewsshower doorwelcome cocktailnational librarydining tablesyntagma squarenice bathroomgreat rooftopthe hotel's websiteclose to the city centerminute walkbed sheetsdeluxe roommetro stationvery nice hotelrooftop barby footbus stop
Reviewed 13 October 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights while visiting Athens. The bedroom was a good size and same with the bathroom. The hotel was very clean. We had excellent service as the girls at the front reception were very helpful with assisting us to arrange transportation and giving us maps to get to the bus and various locations within the city. The only downside to this hotel is that it is in a very noisy part of the city and it is quite a walking distance away from the main attractions in Athens. If you are looking for good value and don't mind walking and some noise, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: October 2013
4  Thank Galek85
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Very nice room, very friendy personel, good location. First time to this hotel and I am definately going to visit it again on my next trip to Athens. Close to a metro station and even closer to Eksarxia square with all the bars and places to eat and hang around.

Room Tip: try to avoid the rooms facing Ippokratous str, to avoid the traffic noise
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Tasanpan8987
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights after arriving in Athens from Australia. The room was clean and a decent size, the shower was super hot, the staff really friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was fine. Saying this, the beds were like sleeping on concrete (like most of the beds in Greece!) and the airconditioning in our room was poor. I think I would advise people to stay closer in to the Plaka, unless you specifically wish to be away from the hustle and bustle of the area. Even though Athens Way is not far from the centre of Athens, we walked all day, and would have preferred to be closer into the Plaka in order to change/shower before dinner, or just to pop in and out if we needed to. I suppose we were also pretty jet lagged while we were staying here, and would have preferred not to have a 30min round trip (by foot) in order to have a sneaky afternoon nap!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2013

Athens way is located in a very convinient location near everything.
After reading the comments at Trip Advisor I expected a higher level of service but I was not happy at all.
Air Conditioning didn´t worked for 2 of the 3 nights that we stayed. That means that 2 of the 3 nights we didn´t sleeped well because we needed to keep the windows open!
Breakfast is poor in terms of variety but good in terms of quality.
The rooms are clean but they look old and need update.
When doing the check out the credit card machine did not worked (It was the only place in all our trip that this happened) so I needed to go out to the street to look for a bank and bring some cash!!!
Off course these are not the standards that I expect for a good hotel. I do not recommend!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JohnSRio
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We booked a junior suite specifically for the big jetted tub. The first time I turned it on, big black chunks came out of the jets. The staff said nothing could be done until morning and the evening front desk woman was short to the point of rudeness. The next day the tub was supposed to be fixed but when I went to use it, there was no hot water. I was told it would be hot in 5 minutes but we both got quick cold showers instead! Also, the junior suite is much smaller than what the pics look like.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple