Athens Diamond Homtel
US$134
US$201
US$174
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssyntagma squaregreat locationermou streetcomfortable bedtop floora small boutique hotelwalking distancefreshly squeezed orange juiceconvenient hoteltwo blocksjunior suitechoose this hotelnice roomcleaning staffbreakfast is serveddefinitely stay here againair condition
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I finished a cruise, picked up my luggage and went directly to the Athens Diamond Hotel. Checked into our room and discovered I had taken Nicole Renee's luggage. The gentleman at the desk spent 2-3 hours finding Nicole and returning her bag in exchange for mine. I can't thank you enough. Also the hotel is beautiful. A modern boutique hotel, a mix of classical and chic. Love them, thanks.

Room Tip: there was no pool. Right down town Athens, about a mile from the Acropolis and museums.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Cynthia H
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I go back and forth on what I really felt about this hotel so I decided to make a pros and cons list:

Pros:
-Location - amazing! We took the bus x95 to the last stop (Syntagma?) and it was a 5 minute walk form there. The acropolis was an easy 25 minute walk and there were tons of shops/bars/restaurants around. Also, felt very safe walking around at night
-Room size - we had a junior suite with jacuzzi tub and the room was very big in my opinion for Europe standards. Also had a great balcony.

Cons:
-Price - I think we paid around $160 a night, which I thought was a steal. HOWEVER the last night of our stay we stayed at Sweet Home Hotel down the street (1 block over) and it was HALF the cost!
-Service - we encountered some of the friendliest people I had ever met in Greece and I thought the people working here were not the most helpful or nice. The first night we got in our tub was leaking creating a huge pool of water all over the floor. After 15+ hours of traveling we were kind of disappointed that they did not offer to move us to another room when we complained. Instead, the front desk guy said that he could down grade us (without a refund of the difference.) Needless to say, we weren't thrilled. At other hotels in Greece, we were upgraded to rooms with views and had spectacular service so that really changed my opinion on Diamond Hotel.
-Noise: noisiest hotel we stayed in in Athens

Overall, I thought this was a very well decorated hotel in a great area. BUT, there are SO many hotels in Athens within a 1 mi distance from Plaka that are far cheaper and with friendlier staff. Try elsewhere and save yourself some money :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank UTinEurope
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We arrived after flying in from Mykonos. We were dropped at the front door by our Taxi. We had two large suitvases plus two smaller bags. We carried the smaller bags up the stairs to reception and left the larger ones downstairs. The larger bags were close to the front door and street and out of view to us and reception. We both stood at reception and were ignored whilst man on reception carried on a conversation with another gentleman. I can only assume it was a friend and not another client (?) We were the only ones present at the time. My husband then decided to drag both large bags up the stairs as they were out of view and we didn't want them to go missing.No assistancewas given. This in itself was not very suitable as he has a medical condition! When we finally got served we wentup to our room and carried our own bags in the tiny lift and no assistance was offered. This took a couple of trips to do. Throughout the night the smell of cigaretts/cigars increased to a point where I was feeling ill. We are non smokers but the room felt full of smoke not sure where this was coming from, maybe the room, maybe outside? The next morning I went down to reception and explained my concerns. Thankfully I was listened to by another male staff member and they said they would assist us. Later that day we returned and had been upgraded the next level and into a suite and thankfully finally we were given the assistance with our luggage that we thought we would have got initally!. This was very nice and very unexpected but at least we no longer had the stench of smoke in our room. The stay was redeemed! Thanks to the staff that assistaed us, you were very professional and courteous for the remainder of our stay.

Room Tip: if you request a non smoking room dont stay on level 1 as the front door of the hotel is open to the road and this may have contributed to the cigarett smell coming up through the stairwell possibly (???) If you can stay at least one level up or higher.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Cathie M
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Stayed here after friend referred. Clean rooms and friendly desk staff. Wifi worked good in rooms. A/C was excellent. Small shower, but thats typical for Europe. Room was very modern and clean. Would stay here again! Good hotel and good price.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Within walking distance to the attractions, cafes and the subway. Stop is syntagma Only a short walk . Room was very clean, good bathroom and bed. A/C worked great. Wi-Fi is fast, in the room and free. Breakfast included cooked eggs - poached and scrambled plus potatoes and sausage, hot crescents and pasty with cheese. Fresh fruit- water melon, pears fresh squeezed juice. Bread topped with feta cheese and olives. I think the breakfast offered a good variety. While the elevator is small it is an elevator. Rooms are sparkley and little glitzy but fun. Emonu is one block away. There are many cafes within one or two blocks. The staff is helpful - gave us directions, carried our very heavy luggage up the front stairs and then delivered to our room.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple