“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #62 of 325 Hotels in Athens
London, England, United Kingdom
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Perfectly located hotel, everything is within walking distance. Service was good, nice polite staff. Room was spacious and could be spectacular however needed some attention. Loose tiles on the floor, light bulbs missing, shower not fully working and few bits of touching up needed but it was still a nice room and well worth the money. Cleaned to perfection everyday bar a few hairs. Breakfast was nice.However if you stay on the 5th floor and your underneath the restaurant you have no chance of sleeping past 0730 as the restaurant chairs and tables scrap loudly.
Well worth a stay though.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Chris H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We arrived early morning - 9:30 - and expected that we might be able to leave our bags and come back to check in. We were delighted when we were quickly checked in to our room. It was then we discovered that we had taken the wrong luggage on getting off our ship. The hotel staff diligently worked the issue, and within an hour and a half had sent the bag we had to its correct destination and retrieved our bag from the port of Piraeus. Gladly paid the cab fare for the bag, but they would take no additional tip.
The entire staff was so helpful , we could not have asked for more.
The room was very large , clean and comfortable. The breakfast ample, good, and well staffed.
Athens Diamond is in a great location, walking distance to all the major sightseeing and shopping.
A great stay - I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Claudia_D110
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 25 November 2013

By far the best hotel I've stayed in in Athens
Staff are so friendly - even helping me with my bags
Staying Solo i felt very safe in the area that it was - very close to all the shops and restaurants
the rooms were modern and clean (not like the standard old outdated furniture)
great value for money!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I say it's' faux fancy' because the rooms are beautiful from afar and really cleverly designed , but when you get close the fixture are cheap or flawed. Our room would have benefited from a few simple repairs which would have made it seem exponentially better. The neighborhood was convenient, I liked that our room had a balcony with morning sun. The internet worked great, the staff was professional, although the bartender smoking in the lobby upon our arrival was a huge turnoff! In fact, if you are sensitive to cigarette smoke, this might not be the place for you, I had to put a towel against the base of the door to keep the smoke from drifting in. The breakfast was excellent. I liked the mix of Greek and international fair. It has a lift (although it's quite small). It has air.con, and a really interesting shower, which didn't work very well, but the idea/ intent was marvelous. I have mixed feelings about this hotel, the cigarette smoke was the only thing that was a solid mark against it in my book, otherwise I quite liked it despite slight disrepair.

Room Tip: The rooms seemed pretty equal. We had a standard room and it was quite spacious.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mandieree
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My wife and I spend few days at the Athens Diamond hotel after a fantastic cruise.I booked the hotel from Canada on line. As soon as we entered we were very disappointed because the loby was so small that we had to wait for a man that was there to leave before we could aproach the desk. The second disoppointment was the elevetor. Bid enough for two regular size people.
Entering our room though, WAOOOO! Very roomy, very modern, extra siiting area with couch, table and chairs. The bathroom very large, modern, and tvery large shower with presure valves.
The brakfast area is tight too but very modern. The breakfast has many choises and is excellend.
Thehotel's location is walking distance to almost everything and the personnel friendly and helpful
Should you decide to take the stairs though, be very carefull. it's slipery and without handrail.
We are very satisfied with our choice. If we stay in Athens again we will stay there.

Room Tip: Should you decide to take the stairs be very carefull. They are slippery and without a handrail
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mm123910
Athens, Georgia
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I finished a cruise, picked up my luggage and went directly to the Athens Diamond Hotel. Checked into our room and discovered I had taken Nicole Renee's luggage. The gentleman at the desk spent 2-3 hours finding Nicole and returning her bag in exchange for mine. I can't thank you enough. Also the hotel is beautiful. A modern boutique hotel, a mix of classical and chic. Love them, thanks.

Room Tip: there was no pool. Right down town Athens, about a mile from the Acropolis and museums.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Cynthia H
austin
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I go back and forth on what I really felt about this hotel so I decided to make a pros and cons list:

Pros:
-Location - amazing! We took the bus x95 to the last stop (Syntagma?) and it was a 5 minute walk form there. The acropolis was an easy 25 minute walk and there were tons of shops/bars/restaurants around. Also, felt very safe walking around at night
-Room size - we had a junior suite with jacuzzi tub and the room was very big in my opinion for Europe standards. Also had a great balcony.

Cons:
-Price - I think we paid around $160 a night, which I thought was a steal. HOWEVER the last night of our stay we stayed at Sweet Home Hotel down the street (1 block over) and it was HALF the cost!
-Service - we encountered some of the friendliest people I had ever met in Greece and I thought the people working here were not the most helpful or nice. The first night we got in our tub was leaking creating a huge pool of water all over the floor. After 15+ hours of traveling we were kind of disappointed that they did not offer to move us to another room when we complained. Instead, the front desk guy said that he could down grade us (without a refund of the difference.) Needless to say, we weren't thrilled. At other hotels in Greece, we were upgraded to rooms with views and had spectacular service so that really changed my opinion on Diamond Hotel.
-Noise: noisiest hotel we stayed in in Athens

Overall, I thought this was a very well decorated hotel in a great area. BUT, there are SO many hotels in Athens within a 1 mi distance from Plaka that are far cheaper and with friendlier staff. Try elsewhere and save yourself some money :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank UTinEurope