Vyzantino Taverna
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Plaka
Description: =
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Succumbed to the guy out the front enticing us in .

Should have known better as the place was almost empty .

they did not seem to have any idea how to run a restaurant .

Waiter was totally disorganized.

Food was disgusting - Lamb swimming in stale oil and soggy potatoes.

Reviewed 24 June 2013

I enjoyed the food,wine and service very much. I'd recommend this restaurant to friends. Great location in Plaka.

2  Thank Janqaa
Reviewed 21 June 2013

We decide to dine in this restaurant during our stay in Athen, because I read some good reviews about it. Unfortunately the experience has not been impressive to us. We took some beans with tomato souce for starter (well cooked and seasoned), and than Moussaka (too much cinnamon) and kebabs for me. The chips were probably old and/or cooked in old oil (not eatable). Price and food is what I call "avarage for turists", in this area of Plaka.
Nothing to remember.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I really liked the food at this taverna. The location is good, the staff are lively, the prices are fair, and the taste....Greek!

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Yes, we were approached by the man on the street trying to get us to come in and we initially walked away to try to find another restaurant. When we saw the good review in my Fodors Athens book we decided to give it a try. The waiter made suggestions to both me and my mother for traditional greek dishes and both were excellent. We shared a delicious greek salad, had an order of tatzeki, three entrees, 2 Heineken, and a soda water and the bill came to 51 eu. I thought the price was reasonable for what we had. We left happy and full.