“Fantastic value and great service”
Review of Gallo Nero

Gallo Nero
Ranked #1,160 of 2,608 Restaurants in Athens
Price range: US$32 - US$44
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Exarchia
Description: The new all day café-restaurant “Gallo Nero” on the ground floor of the PARK Hotel, opened its doors in March 2010 in a unique environment inspired by the nearby park Pedion Areos travelling you to Tuscany with its unique flavors. In the ambient environment of Gallo Nero, visitors will have the opportunity to experience genuine Italian recipes and unique wines of Tuscany at reasonable prices. The menu is inspired by Chef Gian Luca Barlucchi - well known from the Myconian restaurant Bandanna - which in cooperation with the Park Hotel has created a highly anticipated meeting point in Athens.
Reviewed 3 May 2013

A friend and I were staying at the Radisson and decided to give this one a go as it is part of the hotel. We had a deal which was a three course meal for €25 not really expecting too much however we we're blown away. The meals are very large portions, we struggled to finish any of the courses. The presentation and flavours were amazing and the staff were extremely polite and friendly. I would highly recommend if you're wanting an easy, relatively cheap and nice meal in a beautifully decorated and high standard of a restaurant. The deal we had includes a salad a pasta and and desert so not really for if you are after Greek dining I guess! :) they do serve a le carte also however.

Reviewed 27 March 2013

The Hotels in Athens don't have a partcularly good reputation for their Restaurants. I can name only a handful of decent eateries inside Hotels. So I took a risk when I decided to host a family dinner at Gallo Nero. I was actually looking for a nice Italian Menu that wasn't based around Pizza, and decided on this place only on the hearsay on the web. It was a marvellous night as the food turned out to be exactly what I was looking for. Wholesome, well-cooked Italian standards in generous portions. We had for starters the Tomini, an interesting version with Greek Manouri cheese, tasty gnocchi San Remo, the Toscana platter and the delicious Ciαccino αll' oglio which was nothing but a Pizza base drizzled with oil, but so good that we had to have a second order. The main course was meat, which came correctly grilled and tender as it should be. Overall the food was wonderful, simple and tasty. We were served by the lovely Roula, which turned out to be not only a wonderful host,but made my birthday a special event with her lovely idea for a birthday dessert tobring a sparkly finish to that dinner.
This was one of those nights that restored my belief that something special can be created based on the magical compination of simple cooking and caring service.
Will go back before my next birthday!

Reviewed 20 November 2012

I did not really enjoy it.The pizza was good but the spaghetti was of medium quality.I had carbonara and it was too oily.My friend had penne with 4 cheese and it was good.The environment is relaxing and the service pretty good.The wine list does not include many italian wines,as it is generally said.If you stay at the hotel and you want to have dinner,it would be good.

Reviewed 5 November 2012

This -hotel- restaurant has nice food, reasonable prices and polite and friendly staff. Worth mentioning the modern decor and the comfortable sitting area.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

Elegant place with delicious food. Free parking on the hotel Garage. The only disadvantage was the music .....very loud.