“Great food & excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Ydria

Ydria
Ranked #368 of 3,652 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Good for: Cheap Eats, Romantic, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Plaka
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Great food & excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

Visited Yopia twice as enjoyed the food on first visit. The service is excellent & the atmosphere warm and welcoming.

Visited March 2014

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Anchorage, Alaska
“An oasis below Acropolis to rest & dine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2013

After a day on and around the Acropolis , we found two lovely restaurants just above the more crowded, busy Plaka area & square. We were walking back from a visit to the wonderful Acropolis Museum towards our hotel . They both had Trip advisor signs & we stopped . The seating was out doors in a half block long park like setting. We were warmly welcomed, and had really fine Greek crusine & salad, with a carafe of very nice Greek red wine, all at a very reasonable cost. This was a delightful peaceful, quiet break & I highly recommend it !

• Visited September 2013
Aurora, Colorado
“Average, but my waitress was wonderful”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2012

I was on a "mission" to get quick food not only because I was hungry, but I had an appointment further up Adrianou street. You have to understand, dining in Greece is a delight, and not to be rushed...Knowing that, I have no idea WHY I would pretend to think that something could come out quickly from a Greek kitchen...So my waitress suggested the stuffed tomatoes. But I also was salivating for lamb souvlaki. So I got said tomatoes, quickly, I might add, but then could not eat my lamb. My waitress actually took my lamb back into the kitchen, and told me go to my appointment and come back and she would keep it warm for me. When I got back, she said "sit anywhere" and brought my food. Now for those tourists who hate to be "hustled", please know in advance there is at least one "hustler" pacing up and down the street in front of the establishment, cracking lame jokes and trying his best to get you to come eat there. Ignore him, look at the menu for yourself, and try it. For single females, if you are at least moderate looking (like me) don't be surprised if some strange Greek man comes up to you and tries to start a conversation with you: smile, answer in short sentences, and you will be just fine.
Happy Eating!!!

• Visited September 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Yummy stop when wandering the sites in Athens”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2011

Great place to rest after walking through all the museums and sights in Athens.

Visited October 2011
Falkenberg, Sweden
“Nice and calm atmosphere, Hood food and excellent staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2011

We had a warm day and there was fans with water cooling us down throughout the dinner.