“Students' corner”

Ranked #957 of 2,511 Restaurants in Athens
Price range: US$6 - US$25
Dining options: After-hours
Neighbourhood: Psirri / Gazi
Description: Traditional tavern with flavors from all over Greece and not only !!! Raccola, tsipouro, variety of fresheners and that kind of meats draws your appetite. We are waiting for you all 6th in Gazi, a few meters from the Kerameikos station.
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Greek mezes, wine, greek music, good prices considering the quality. Near to the metro station Kerameikos. I highly recomend it to students, tourists and those who want to have good food and fun with their friends near to the center of Athens.

Reviewed 3 December 2012

We visited Gazohori yesterday night. We were company of 4 friends. We were searching a place with good music and good but not expensive food.

Gazohori is placed near the square of well-known nightlife place in the center of Athens called Gazi. The one member of the company had visited several times the place in the past. So after searching a little bit the area we decided to go there. I found the place good but overcrowded. I skipp this as almost all places which are same are like this especially in this area. We found a good place to sit but then we realised that we were near the door which was mostly open...so it was cold!!!

As i work in a same restaurant this period of time i decided to make the order. We ordered Keftedakia (meatballs), fried potatoes, Saganaki (grilled cheese) and Pork Tigania (Pork pieces). All wwere very good except from the Tigania... The meat was like chewing gum.

The keftedakia were good and the potatoes so we oredered them second time. The service was not so quick because for twenty tables were only 2 waiters as I count.

The price was not so good for the portions that they serve. Not expensive but a little bit overpriced.

Finally a good thing was the compliment sweet that we were served at the end. Chocolate pie, Ekmek, Kazan Ntibi and Panacota. All were great. We put excellent in this!!!

Probably I will go again sometime...Stay away on Friday and Saturday night!!!

1  Thank Tas G
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Gazahori is well funky! Situated in the uber happening Gazi district in Athens surrounded by bars and clubs I was a bit sceptical if I was going to get a good feed here, I was not disappointed!

We went on a Wedensday night and pretty much every single table in this restaurant was mobbed. We managed to grab a table outside and was able to watch the world go by as we munched on our middle eastern inspired meze. We started with some salty saganaki in a spicy sauce (which by UK tastes wasn't overly spicy), we also had the Sudzuk which were fennel infused meatballs in tomato sauce. We then shared a small variety plate which contained a selection of pastries, grilled meats and yummy potato salad.

Sit out and watch the world go buy with a beer and some tasty stuff. Reasonable prices and decent enough service (although it took a while to pay!)

Reviewed 17 September 2012

We visited twice this restaurant, we did have much fun, BUT after we left, all of us felt like been poisoned. I don't know if it was the food or the drinks, I know for sure that I will never come back. It a shame...

Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

The food was good!! But we didnt hear our waiters voice at all...! We did all the talking!! But i would try it again..