“This is a great way to see Athens.”
Review of George's Taxi

George's Taxi
Ranked #1 of 162 Transportation in Athens
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: George's taxi provides high quality service in Athens for more than 20 years.Our expert driver-guides will escort you in deluxe air-conditioned Mecedes vehicles (taxi/minibus).Whether you need a shore excursion in Athens,tours in the mainland or transfers we make sure that you have an unforgettable experience.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“This is a great way to see Athens.”
Reviewed 9 May 2012

We booked George to pick us up and return us to the airport and for a full day of touring Athens. George was knowledgeable, enthusiastic and a wonderful guide. We would do this again without question.

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
Southport, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great day trip to Delphi with Makis”
Reviewed 26 April 2012

We booked a day trip to Delphi by email with George's taxis. George's son Nicholas responded to the emails and answered all our questions very helpfully. We did not even have to give a deposit and on the agreed day/time (last week) Makis, one of George's drivers arrived at our hotel. We had a very enjoyable day which felt as if we were being taken about by a friend rather than a taxi driver. Makis took us to various other interesting places during the journey including even buying us a delicious cheese pie fresh from the oven in a small village - the best Greek cheese pie I have ever tasted.

He left us at the entrance to Delphi to walk around by ourselves as he is not a registered guide (we had not expected him to be one) and then picked us up aftewards and took us to a beautiful family run taverna with stunning views of the hils and cost where we had lunch. We would have been unlikely to find anywhere as good without him. We saw so much that we arrived back in Athens an hour later than planned but there was no extra charge for this.

Makis also gave us lots of interesting information about the places we were driving through. Altogether it was probably the best day we had in our one week holiday. We were only sorry we could not spare the time for another day trip while we were there.

I'd have no hestitation in recommended Makis to anyone and I'm sure George's other drivers would also have been excellent.

Rob

2 Thank Rob-NW500
Manchester England
220 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 325 helpful votes
“The Only Way to Fly!”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I particularly wanted to book a limo as a surprise for my family on their recent visit to Athens. After some research I opted for Dennis(Dionisis) Kokkotos - George's son. You can get details of his services at www.athenslimo.com or email limotours@yahoo.gr
I can only say that Dionisos lived up to my every hope and expectation. With both our airport transfer and a subsequent sightseeing tour, the service was excellent. Advance details by email were efficiently handled. He was always on time and the sleek, black, air-conditioned, stretch Mercedes purred its way around Athens like a big, contented cat. Friendly and informative commentary from Dennis in impeccable English added to the experience.
The limo takes up to seven and the price is very little different than the cost of the two taxis it would take to transfer that number from the airport to Athens city centre. Sightseeing trips are competitively priced - especially if there are several of you. But what style! And I still don't know how he manages to get round the crowded, narrow streets of Plaka with a stretch limo!
I'm so glad I did this - my family loved it. If you want a really special experience during your Athens vacation don't hesitate to contact Dennis.

rome
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic Airport pick-up!!!”
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Prior to arrival I contacted Georges Taxi and Georges son Nicholas was quick and clear with his replies and assured me that someone would be at the airport waiting for me. I was met at the airport by Alexandros who was there smiling and waiting for me with a sign and helped orient me in my late night arrival to Athens. Not only was he an excellent driver but he spoke perfect english and filled me in on the current economic and political situation (I asked), specific sights around Athens and the best baklava joint in town. When I go back to Athens I will definitely call/write to Georges Taxi and ask for Alexandros!

2 Thank WFLB
Boston
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The Very Best of Athens, REALLY!”
Reviewed 10 April 2012

I booked George the Taxi with only a recommendation from a friend of a friend. Our tour was fantastic! We were promptly picked up from our dock and professionally escorted through Athens with a driver and tour guide. I had sent an agenda prior to arriving and we did not miss a thing! We had a tremendous time. We visited all the sites and stopped for "THE MOST DELICIOUS " lunch at an only locals place. We went to the best place for baklava and gelato on the planet!!!! Wonderful people, wonderful tour.

Visited June 2011