“Fantastic tour with a very knowledgeable guide”

Private Greece Tours
Ranked #2 of 252 Tours in Athens
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our private tours are exactly what you need so as to avoid the monotony of typical tour itineraries and the chaos of big tour groups. Our private tours take you to places and areas that big buses can't reach and offer you the flexibility to stop anywhere, anytime for whatever reason (photos, lunch brake, health needs etc). We are happy to offer you the rarest luxury of our times, individuality, in very competitive prices. You will just sit back and enjoy the personal attention given by your guide who will be willing to satisfy your requests with professionalism and courtesy.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Activities for older children
Reviewed 9 August 2014

With just one day in Athens on our cruise, I really wanted to make the most of the time and P.G.T delivered! My initial enquiries by e-mail to Nikos were answered speedily and gave us precise and pertinent responses making us feel straight away that we had made the right choice. Picking us up early from Pireas port meant that we avoided the main rush of tourists and were able to really enjoy the day. Alex, our driver, could not have been more knowledgeable! We were treated to a whole history lesson about the area which was very interesting and made the trip more enjoyable. We visited all the main attractions including the changing of the guards which my husband jokingly said reminded him of that Monty Python sketch!!!. The Acropolis did not disappoint and we have some wonderful photos and memories. Thanks Alex - job well done!!!

2  Thank Sue J

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Recently booked a private tour for Athens with Private Greece Tours. It was extremely easy to book and all my questions were answered before I departed for Greece. Our tour guide was Spyros and he made our short visit to Athens truly memorable. He was extremely knowledgeable and curtailed our tour to meet our needs and time frame. I would highly recommend them if your are planning at trip to Athens.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

As we were on a cruise, we had only one precious day in Athens with our Children 10 and 9 and Private Greece Tours delivered in spades. I would highly recommend this operator for families. We were lucky to have Eleni who was amazing with our kids. She was extremely attentive to their safety, and very passionate and knowledgeable on all subject matters. Our kids are very interested in greek mythology and she was the best teacher educating them at every turn while we toured the amazing sites. She filled the day with stories and made the ruins come to life. 5 Full Stars for her and the company.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

Nikos was absolutely wonderful to work with. The tour was well explained and payment arrangements were super easy. But even better, when we got there, we had the best guides ever! Our driver was Mr. Fanis and his assistant was Frida. Frida was very well versed in the area, the history and was really easy to speak with. We had 15 people in one bus, so you can imagine the divergent interests, but Mr. Fanis and Frida were able to create a schedule and a tour that everyone raved about. This was one of our best tours from our Mediterranean vacation!

1  Thank Toni T
Reviewed 6 August 2014

A visit to Israel was on the itinerary of my wife and myself but the Gaza rockets caused us to quickly change our plans. Three days before our US departure Nikos was able to arrange the tour outside Athens, exactly what we want to see on our short Greece visit. Nikos rapid response time to my emails assured me that I was dealing with a first-class operation.
We were met by Thanos Papanikolaou on July 18 and headed for the Peloponnese. During the drive Thanos pointed out important sites of ancient naval battles with the Persians. He was also a walking encyclopedia of Greek mythology which he freely shared during the drives each day.
Thanos was not able to accompany us into the historical sites. He is considered a "driver". The position of "guide" is a closely regulated at each site. We did not need a guide. Driving to each site Thanos would carefully explain the historical background of the site we were about to visit. Having lived in the US his English was without accent. Once we reached the site he would bring out his guide-book devoted to the site and we would review the the important structures pictured on a map. The same explanations were provided before we visited museums. Once we entered the site we would know exactly were to go and what to look for. Frequently we carried the guide book Thanos provided. We were not rushed at any time. Although Private Greece Tours could provide guides at any of the sites we visited, at no time did we wish for one. Our driver was truly a guide.
A careful driver and comfortable car made the tour even better. Our experience over three days far exceeded expectations. The fee was more than reasonable for the service provided.