“Great hotel by the Acropolis hill”

Acropolis Hill Hotel
Ranked #27 of 325 Hotels in Athens
Stavanger, Norway
“Great hotel by the Acropolis hill”
Reviewed 24 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel is conveniently located by the Acropolis hill, metro station is 5-10 min away by foot. Rooms are not big but very comfortable, and with terraces overviewing Athens and the Acropolis. Staff is very friendly. Will stay at this hotel again!

1 Thank Santa C
TourHotel, General Manager at Acropolis Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Santa C,

Thank you very much for your kind comments! We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the location, the room, and the staff, and we really look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Athens.

Kind Regards,

The Acropolis Hill Hotel Team

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Everything about this hotel is okay. The location, although a bit difficult to find coming from the metro, is very close to the Acropolis and Plaka district, too. The hotel is upscale. Our second morning there, I found two huge bugs in the bathroom. This was a HUGE turnoff.

With all that in mind, compared to a different hotel I stayed at in Greece for a similar price, Acropolis Hill Hotel was far superior.

However, the hotel staff was oddly cold, and I did not appreciate it. No staff member made an effort to extend themselves warmly. I found this odd, especially given the gregarious Greek culture. I really find it inappropriate and even odd for people working in customer service to be anything but very kind. My friend traveling with me felt the same vibe.

Two things the staff did well: they called both me and my friend taxis to the airport (for two separate trips) and also helped me find a bakery. Neither of these deeds made up for their poor attitudes. I will also say I liked staying in a trustworthy place, and this was. Bottom line, I would not return, NOR would I recommend to a friend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Elle C
TourHotel, Owner at Acropolis Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Dear Elle C,

I am so sorry to hear that your recent stay at our hotel did not meet your expectations. We usually get very positive feedback about our service and staff and thus I am very disappointed to read that you found our staff to be cold.

Reading your review I understand that you liked the location of the hotel and that you found it to be good value for money and far superior than similar hotels. Could I kindly ask you to contact me personally (marilena@tourhotel.gr) and tell me why you found our personnel’s attitude to be poor? We value all guest feedback as it helps us get better and I would like to know more of what you experienced so that we improve.
I hope you will give us a chance to better serve you on your next visit to Athens.

Yours sincerely,

Marilena Stathopoulou
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 March 2014

WE had a lovely time in Athens. The hotel was clean and pretty. The room was sufficient size and well kept by staff. We were 4, so had a triple room with a nice view. The staff were excellent, very helpful , answering all our questions at any time and always kind. The breakfast was simple but nice, all self service and frequently replenished. The location is excellent, we walked everywhere, the Acropolis is just a 10min walk away. There was no dinner available in the hotel (maybe because it was out of the main season) but they happily ordered food to be delivered and there is a nice bakery just down the road as well as a Spar shop. The pool was not open, it is small but for a quick dip I am sure enough in the summer.
Lovely stay at a great location and very friendly with our children.

Room Tip: Buy some snacks in a shop when you get a chance, nice bakery down the road. They have a bar that is...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Yvonne T
Halifax Region, Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

Beautiful modern hotel in the heart of Athens. Clean, comfortable beds, great breakfast spread, quiet location, close to everything. Young lady at the front desk was extremely helpful! Great view of the Acropolis and within walking distance. Spent 4 days in Athens and it was not enough time! So much to do in Athens!! Highly recommend the Acropolis Hill!

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
new zealand
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Modern and clean hotel. Great décor! Good location and views of Athens and the Acropolis. Enjoyed the buffet breakfast and appreciated them opening up breakfast early on the day we had to leave at 6am. Good value for money.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
TourHotel, General Manager at Acropolis Hill Hotel, responded to this review, 8 March 2014
Dear dsal003,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review and for your kind comments.
I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and service provided and that you liked our neighborhood, views, and more.

We would be very happy to have you stay with us on your next visit to Athens.

Wishing you all the best
Sutton Coldfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

A lovely Hotel in the perfect position for visiting the Acropolis and The Plaka. The staff are all very pleasant, good choice for breakfast and lovely views. Excellent value for money. I plan to return soon

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear KefRo_51,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel Acropolis Hill! We are delighted to read that you had a positive experience with us and that you enjoyed the location, the unobstructed views to the Acropolis, the breakfast selection, our staff, and more.

We really look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Warm Regards,
kefalonia
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Our party was moved to this hotel at the last minute, and they did us a massive favour.Clean, fresh, perfectly placed for the big attractions of Athens .Good choice of breakfast and plentiful.Mostly though, we were greeted every day by friendly ,attentive staff, with a good knowledge of the local area. Special mention for beautifully named Adonis who sent us off to Syntagma square for Sundays changing of the guard, For me- the best birthday treat ever!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank katwoman9
Dear katwoman9,

Thank you so much for your wonderful remarks which I have shared with our staff. We are very glad to hear that you had such a wonderful birthday with us and that you enjoyed our city, the hotel’s location, breakfast choices and more, as well as the recommendations that we provided you. We try to offer the best to our guests and we are very happy to hear that we exceed your expectations.

We hope to see you again very soon!