“Best overall, March 2012”
Review of Plaka Hotel

Plaka Hotel
Ranked #12 of 326 Hotels in Athens
Salt Spring Island, Canada
“Best overall, March 2012”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

From airport take Metro to Syntagma Station and from there it's an easy downhill maybe 6 blocks to the Plaka Hotel. Great service. Tiny eauropean elevator. Lovely room, a bit small. Hard beds like most of the world. Best breakfast ever, buffet style, worth the stay just for the breakfast plus cofee hot chocolate and biscuits all day till 5:30. The rooms are front or back and you really want a room with a view of the acropolis. The roof view is amazing. Location is superb for all the charming, historic area of Plaka and Monistraki with it's ruins, churches, shopping, food and easy to walk everywhere. Loved it so much that we tried to stay every chance we were in Athen's and had the opportunity. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Absolutely wonderful and the best breakfast....ever!!!!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dorina S, General Manager at Plaka Hotel, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Gear Guest,

We are delighted to read you r excellent experience in Plaka Hotel.
I am pleased the access to the hotel from the airport was easy for you.
I thank you for the details written and for submitting a lovely sunset picture.

Thank you and look forward to a future stay.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (602)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed at Plaka Hotel for 2 nights in a single room. My main reason to choose it was location and I was not dissapointed at all. It's just minutes away walking from Monastiraki Subway Station, so arriving from the airport was really easy. My room was relatively small but still enough for just one person and TV had different European channels, not only in English but also in Spanish (my native language) and Italian, something that was very useful for me as I wanted to practice it as Italy was my next destination. Then I opened the curtains and was almost blown away by the view of the Acropolis. So beautiful the view was that overcoming my dislike for daylight early in the morning, I slept with the curtains open, just to enjoy the superb view. And then in the morning the next great thing was breakfast: delicious greek yoghurt, beautiful fetta cheese and olives, not to mention the different cakes and pastries and even traditional greek sweets, a real feast!! Maybe the only 2 problems for me were that couldn't stop heating, even though it was not that cold outside, so I had to open the window and it was a bit noisy outside. And also that wifi connection didn't work for the first day of my stay, despite it was not free. But the problem was solved by the second day. Staff were attentive and gave me a really useful map of Athens. In all, a really nice stay.

Room Tip: Ask to have a view of the Acropolis!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
DORINAPLAKA, General Manager at Plaka Hotel, responded to this review, 2 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and for submitting this wonderful picture!
We are very pleased to read that you were satisfied with Plaka hotel, particularly from our friendly staff, the rich breakfast and the view from your room.
We really look forward to welcoming you or any of your friends in the future.

Thank you again.

Kind regards
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 March 2012

My wife and i have just returned after spending 5 days in Athens staying in this hotel.The hotel was clean and the staff where friendly and the location was excellent for all the tourist locations.If i was returning to Athens i would certainly use this hotel again.The breakfast in the mornings was adequate for our needs and we enjoyed what was on offer.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank petros54
DORINAPLAKA, General Manager at Plaka Hotel, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear Guest,

We thank you for choosing Plaka Hotel for your stay in Athens.
How nice to read that you enjoyed the location, the cleanliness and our friendly staff.

We all hope to see you again.
NY
Reviewed 26 March 2012

What an amazing value! For a very inexpensive rate, we got: an amazing location (right in the Plaka area and a short walk to the Acropolis); friendly service; a beautiful rooftop view; a clean, comfortable, decent-sized room; and a good breakfast. Can't do much better than that!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
DORINAPLAKA, General Manager at Plaka Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments on our property. As our main goal is to offer to our guests high quality facilities and services, it is great to read that you found the hotel an amazing value.

Thank you once more.
Kind regards
Reviewed 26 March 2012

Central location in the plaka district, close to acropolis and markets Tourisits go to. Room is comfortable. They serve free drinks in the breakfastroom until 5pm. And basic breakfast is available in the restaurant if you leave early in the morning. The only thing I don't like is the exPensive Internet at 2 euros per hour

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Guest,

We are very happy to know that your stay at the hotel was positive experience. In our attempt to improve we surely value all the feedback we can get from our guests.

Hope to see you again.

Best regards.
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 March 2012

I have just returned from Athens and stayed at the plaka with my friends and found this hotel very clean and friendly staff. On arrival I had a small bottle of wine in the room with compliments of the hotel which I have not had before. It was a nice gesture to welcome you. The view from the rooftop was amazing where you can relax and enjoy great views of the acropolis. When I return to Athens in the future I will definately stay at the plaka again.I would recommend this hotel to anyone without any doubt.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you ever so much for writing a nice review about Plaka Hotel that will help others to make their choice . We are pleased you enjoyed the cleanliness, our friendly staff, and the view of the Acropolis.

We look forward to host you again on a future trip to Athens.

Orkney Islands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Everything about this hotel was fantastic. My other half and I were talking earlier about whether we could think of anything negative to say about it... we can't.

Staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful, on arrival they gave us a map of the city and we had a small bottle of wine waiting in our room. We also had access to free tea, coffee & hot chocolate with biscuits throughout the day, and seating / sun loungers on the roof with unbeatable views of the Acropolis.

The location was absolutely ideal; right in the heart of Plaka, all the main attractions are within a 15 minute walk, convenience store across the road if we wanted snacks (as well as my favourite yoghurt bar in Athens, Fro Yo!) and just around the corner from the main restaurant and shopping streets.

The room was small, but very clean and perfect for what we wanted, with a fridge, TV, safe, spare pillows, hair dryer, air conditioning... overall we couldn't have asked for more for the price (I don't know if booking it several months in advance made a lot of difference). Highly recommended, I like to stay at different hotels but I'd definitely go back to this one!!

Room Tip: I don't know, but to add to someone's recent review, we stayed in 301 and unfortunately we d...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank clarissal
DORINAPLAKA, General Manager at Plaka Hotel, responded to this review, 23 March 2012
Dear Guest,

We're delighted to read that you were so happy from all aspects of your stay in Plaka Hotel!
I thank you for your detailed review which will be helpful to other readers and hope to see you again on a future trip to Athens.