Plaka Hotel
US$263
US$204
US$198
3,571 results
All reviewsrooftop bargreat locationwithin walking distancefree tea and coffeebreakfast roomrooftop viewsyntagma squarean amazing viewflea marketroof gardenancient agoracentral locationmajor sitesgreek yogurtbreakfast was excellentrestaurants and shopswould highly recommend this hotel
Reviewed 29 April 2013

I stayed here with my husband and 9-year-old for three days and it was a very good experience. The Plaka Hotel is situated just right, we could walk to the Acropolis and all its attractions. The Monastiraki market is just a stone's throw away and metro and bus stations are a short walk away. The buffet breakfast included in the price was very generous. The staff were always polite, helpful and friendly. The rooftop bar with Acropolis view was an added attraction! The only downside I can think of is we did not get a room with Acropolis view and the room and bath while being very clean and new, were not very big.

Room Tip: Ask for Acropolis view rooms as I've heard good reviews of this from other travellers.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Dorina S, General Manager at Plaka Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for staying with us and for positive review.
I am very pleased to read that you and your family had such a nice time and that you enjoyed the safe and central location as well as our friendly staff and rich breakfast.
Rooms with Acropolis view are few and usually booked early, but please do not hesitate to contact me directly when you decide to come back in order to try and match your expectations.
Best regards

Reviewed 28 April 2013

My husband and I spent a week here recently and I have to say we loved everything about it. We walked everywhere from Plaka as it is very conveniently situated. Only downside for us was on catching the metro for the airport on leaving my husband had his wallet stolen(with a substantial amount of money unfortunately). It was taken from a zipped trouser pocket. We were later told that the metro station, Monastiraki, is one of the worst for pickpockets. We chose it to get the metro to airport as it is closer to Plaka Hotel but on reflection should have used Syntagma (the one we arrived at). Be warned !
Nevertheless we had a wonderful holiday at Plaka Hotel . Comfy beds , lovely fluffy towels , substantial breakfast and superb view from the roof terrace .

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dorina S, General Manager at Plaka Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2013

Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for your kind comments about our hotel, despite the bad experience you had from pickpockets in the metro. Both the stations Syntagma and Monastiraki are on the same line and in my opinion tourists, in particular, have to be very careful. It is recommended to have their valuables inside their cloths.We were all very sorry to read this incedent and we hope to see you again.
Best regards and thank you.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

My wife and I spent a week at the Plaka hotel and were very happy there. The hotel is very well located, very central for holiday-making. We found the staff very helpful and knowledgeable. Our room had all that we would wish. The breakfasts were very good. The rooftop bar has a terrific view of the Acropolis.

Dear Guest.
We really like to ensure that our guests are comfortable and are able to benefit from a relaxing break with us and so I was delighted to read that you were happy with your room and our breakfast and most of all the service you received from our staff.
I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Kind regards

Reviewed 25 April 2013

My friend and I stayed here for a total of four nights recently, over the course of two stays, with a slight detour over to Mykonos. The staff was friendly and very inviting, they helped us with all of our questions, recommending places to eat, helping us call to confirm our tour groups and showing us how to get places via public transport in the easiest manner. The hotel is right in the heart of the tourist area in Athens, in a neighborhood that the establishment takes its name from, Plaka. The views are incredible from the top of the hotel as you get a clear unobstructed view of the Acropolis in all of its glory as well as the rest of the city. The rooms were very nice and a great size for the typical European hotel. The bathrooms were great, the cleaning service was excellent, the laundry service was awesome and very cheap compared to most hotels, and the beds were super comfortable too. I would definitely stay here when I come back and I would recommend the hotel to anyone staying in Athens, for the price and quality you can't beat this place.

Room Tip: Both of our rooms were the same, not sure which floor has the view of the Acropolis but its so easy to just go up to the roof top terrace that it doesn't really matter what floor you are on.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,
I am sorry I did not write to you earlier to thank you for your positive review after your twice stay in Plaka hotel. Rooms with view of the Acropolis are available from the second floor up, and are of a different category and price. More details can be found in our website. I
We all thank you for your comments and high score.
Kind regards

Reviewed 24 April 2013

The Plaka Hotel, of course, is right in the Plaka. From the rooftop bar during happy hour you can gaze upon the Acropolis. In the daytime, just step outside and you are right amongst the bars restaurants and tavernas of this ancient part of Athens. Easy walking distance to historical sights, Syntagma Square and shops. Rooms are well appointed, comfortable, some larger than others. Ask. Very good buffet breakfast, dining room available early for those of us who like to get about earlier than Greeks! Convenient 'luggage leave' if you are off on another trip. We even got welcomed back with a complimentary bottle of wine! Inexpensive bag wash laundry, dried and folded very nicely. Staff go out of their way to be helpful and accommodating.

Dear Guest,
I am glad all little details offered to our guests for a convenient stay are so nicely mentioned to your review.
Thank you very much!