“Perfect location, nice rooms”
Review of Plaka Hotel

Plaka Hotel
Ranked #12 of 282 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Best part of it is its location which is next to ermou, monastiraki, plaka, thissio and syntagma square. The room was very nice and clean but the bed was a bit small and not very comfortable. Bathroom is nice and renovated. Good breakfast and a terrace on the 6th floor with lovely view (operates as a bar in the summer). All staff were very polite and helpful. On the second floor they have a computer with a printer (free) where you can print your boarding tickets upon web check-in. Would love to stay there again!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dorina S, General Manager at Plaka Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2014

Dear Sissy M
Thank you for sharing your experience on your recent stay with us. I am happy that you found the hotel being centrally located. We will be looking forward to welcome you to our hotel again!
Sincerely

Write a ReviewReviews (3,439)

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Great location. Helpful staff and beautiful terrace view. Breakfast buffet was also very good. Close to two mini super markets. Must go to quick pitta restaurant one block away. Can't ask for anything else especially for what you pay for.

Poor wifi connection at the 6th floor. Terrace is a little abandoned so don't expect much. Just focus on the wonderful view. Everything else was more than enough.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Luis M
Thank you for taking time to share your experience with travel community. It’s great to know that overall your stay was a pleasant experience and that you enjoyed the location as well as hotel staff. As for your comment on the terrace, as we described in our hotel description, the bar is open from May to November (weather permitting), and for the moment we are under referbishment. We will be looking forward to welcome you back on your next trip to Athens.
All the Best!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

I took the sub(8E) to get to the hotel area. I believe it was 16 or 17th stop. Cant remember the name of it. When you go out there were 5 exits. Go to the left for that one. When you get out there is a small food vender guy. Go right. First intersection, go left. Go(about 3-4 blocks) and you will see a very old church in the middle of the block. Take a right. Go thru some restaurants and when you get to the intersection on the other side on the left is their entrance. I followed directions of the food guy and two other rest people and walked around for a hour before I found it. I got checked in and went to my room. The room was not made up. I went down and asked because I prepay that I had to make up my room. It was done right away. There is a lot to do and see around the hotel. MANY restaurants, pharmacies, souvenir, things to see. I did the hop on hop off(18E) and you can buy tickets at hotel. To get to it, go right out of the hotel, then right at corner. You go about 10 minutes to a main square and at the road you will find their sign for the stop. In that same square to the left you will find a Mickie D's and a couple places to exchange money. Do not do it at the bank as the have a big service fee across from the hotel. In that square is a lot of shops. It takes about 1 1/2 hours for the bus tour if you do not get off. I got off about 6 times and did not have a long wait for the next bus. For another area with many shops and things to do, go left out of the hotel and take the first right. Go for about 10 min, shops galore. take a right from there and you are in another square. Many shop owners trying to pull you into their shops and they all spoke English to me??? guess the way dressed, shorts and no coat!! The hotel had a lot of info for tours and things to do. The breakfast was good for the area. Try the bread venders large sugar doughnuts. Great. I had a meal at the IOAKH Barbeque and it was great. See separate review for that. Go out door, right, at corner right. Go about 5 minutes on left.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 2nd floor and did not get traffic noise much.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Dear hrcalso
Thank you for the great detailed review! I am happy to hear that our location was convenient to all your points. I would like to apologize about your not ready room while your check in. We have addressed this issue to our Housekeeping team as we want to improve our sevices. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Best regards

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Great hotel, great spot, just off the pedestrian walkway through the old town;
Complex and accessible history + tourist restaurants one way,
Shops and parliament another.
More Greek eating locations locations another.

City is easy to get around and this hotels location is great for reaching most things on foot.

Almost impossible to get a good photo of the hotel as it is on a narrow tree lined street, but it is not a bad location, with real shops and cafes all around. Nothing threatening, and no excessive graffiti. Great view from the roof terrace... my photos added little to that collection.

Breakfast was better than expected, and the smile that came with it was great.

Reception staff all good English speakers, and helpful.

Stairs are hard work and the lift is small, so expect some delays when the hotel is busy.

Weather was great for walking around the city by day (sunny and warm) but a bit chilly in the evening if you eat outside.

Remember attractions all tend to close by 15:00 in low season.

My wife and I had a great 4 day break here, seeing almost all of the city.

Room Tip: On top floor (floor 6) we heard some dragging of chairs on the roof terrace, but great view over the...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Robert_PA_Booker
I am thrilled reading your review and learn that our commitment to deliver exceptional service positively reflected on your stay. We always encourage our guests to address all their concerns in regards to the stay with us as it gives us opportunity to make things right and create a memorable experience. Thank you for giving us a chance to call you our guest and we will be looking forward to welcome you back in the future!
Sincerely.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

If location is what you want then this is the hotel for you. The staff was great the rooms are very clean not to mention the complementary breakfast was one of the best I've ever had. The hotel has great views of the acropolis and of the plaka area. And you have plenty of shopping and restaurant options in the area.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank sugarwuzhere
Dorina S, General Manager at Plaka Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear sugarwuzhere
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the travel community. I am thrilled to learn that you throughly enjoyed your stay and the hotel and staff were able to exceed your expectations. I hope to welcome you back in the future .

Reviewed 1 April 2014

I have not stayed in the Plaka Hotel for some years. HOWEVER, I'm thinking of returning so I was checking out the website for prices & new reviews. What I found convinces me that I will stay there again, meaning not much has changed & in this case, that's a good thing.
I'm just going to repeat & reinforce the views of most of the others.
1) It is right in the Plaka (marketplace/shopping area)
2) Tons of good restaurants very nearby
3) Very close to the Acropolis
4)The rooftop terrace is great for relaxing, having snacks & listening to any concerts that may be going on in the Herodeon Theatre, which is nearby on the southern slope of the Acropolis. On there website, they say it is "Breathtaking" view & it is!
5) It's moderately priced
6) I believe it includes a hot buffet breakfast

Room Tip: If you can splurge for one w/ the Acropolis view, get it. If you can't, enjoy the rooftop terra...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank chatnoir

Dear chatnoir
Thank you for your awesome review, it means so much more when we are able to exceed the expectations of our guests. I am absolutely delighted that we were able to create a memorable experience for you and I sincerely look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Stayed here when we arrived in Athens 2 nights prior to the start of our tour of the Peloponnese. Also stayed upon our return for another 3 nights. Was on vacation with our 12 year old son and 15 year old daughter. Staff was so helpful with directions, recommendations. Views couldn't be beat! Rooms are small but the views of the acropolis plus the location (walking distance to everything!!!) made up for it. We had the interlocking family room first time we stayed and rooms across from one another the return end.

The welcome bottle of wine was a nice touch. Several times we grabbed takeout Gyros and or olives and had a nice snack and drinks on the roof top garden. It was a nice way to unwind in between seeing the sights.

Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Family suite has a side view from the balcony of the acropolis. Our room on the 3rd floor had a spec...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Cassandra H

Dear Cassandra H
Thank you for sharing feedback with travel community on you recent stay with us. It’s great to know that you enjoyed hotel location as well as helpfulness and friendliness of our staff. I am happy that your stay was a good experience and we will be looking forward to welcome you back real soon!
Until next time!