“Somewhat disappointing”

Full-Day Tour of Athens, Acropolis and Cape Sounion with Lunch
Ranked #3 of 321 things to do in Athens
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: The majestic ruins of an ancient Greek building, known for its dignified white marble columns and perfect sense of proportion.
Reviewed 16 August 2014

As one of the most famous landmarks in the history of mankind, we were disappointed in what we saw. Lots of construction. In reading some of the signage, it appears that the Parthenon itself has been 'restored' so many times in the past (and according to what we read... poorly curated) that it felt as though we were looking at something far from authentic. Compared to anything we've seen in Rome or Italy generally, it fell flat. Glad we went. But no need to ever go there again.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

It was my childhood dream to visit Parthenon. I took Rick Steve's audio guide & book for the tour. There was too much sun...so wear sunglasses and use sun block lotion.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

After spending twelve Euro entry with real interest spent twenty euro on registered guide she was brutal rambled aimlessly half the group left mid tour...disappointing

3  Thank Princess A
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Actually, that title is misleading because I never dreamed I'd get to see the Parthenon in person. Well, I did get to and yes, I bought the Tshirt too.:)

The fact that I was able to is in great part due to my amazingly generous husband and my ever dreaming daughter. I'm so thankful I got to have this experience. I just kept telling my daughter I couldn't believe we were there. It is so historic and iconic and stunning. The way it sits high over the city is part of the allure. I love how one can just look up at almost any given time while touring Athens and see it sitting there so majestically. I love this temple and the Acropolis and so highly recommend it. If I'm ever fortunate enough to be in Athens again I will visit it again for sure.

Also, if you are at all able, do go see the pieces of it that are in the British Museum in London as we did.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Incredible place to visit. Amazing how they built it so long ago. Visited in June 1999 as part of a Greek summer camp. Enjoyed it, will never forget it