Hilton’s name stands for excellence and somebody coming here expects consistency in quality and service. The hotel has been fully renovated some years back to a luxurious, sophisticated 5-star environment. It has become one of the best, if not the very best hotel in Athens, -a home of luxury and privilege. An award of recognition was gained when the hotel was voted as the most popular business hotel for 2010. As a professional guide writer I am always on the go, and have the chance to visit and comment on many hotels throughout the world. I spent one night here many years ago on a seminar and 3 unforgettable nights now after the renovation and the difference is obvious. I urge people to choose this hotel for different reasons.
It is located in one of the most impressive boulevards of Athens, only 25 minutes away by direct subway from the Athens International Airport. It is not more than 10 minute walk to Syntagma Square, or 2 minutes on foot to get the metro for the shopping and cultural district, to wander through the city’s bustling business and shopping areas.
Great attention has been given to the newly renovated guestrooms and suites with emphasis on the elegance and comfort. The Executive Floor is luxurious with a private reception, and this luxury extends to rooms and bathrooms with extra facilities. From the moment we stepped in, up to the moment we left we were made to feel special.
Our room was overlooking the Acropolis and was on the 10th floor. It was stylish, clean and comfortable with excellent air conditioning and double-glazed windows. The amenities on the Executive floor differ with provision of daily business newspapers and complimentary access to the Hiltonia Spa which is beyond expectations. I did not visit the gym but what I really enjoyed was to exercise in the indoor pool which I found amazing with the different massage devices which are really effective. Devices like swimming jets, water cannon and a water bicycle makes the swimming pool unique. Believe me it is worth all the money.
Our Executive room had all the amenities of a 5* hotel including a mini-bar with everything one would dream of. (Mind you, it is quite expensive, and if you move anything from the mini bar it is automatically billed on your account). The office desk had two direct dial ISDN lines and voice mail and I spent a few hours out there daily. The marble bathroom with separate shower suite was a delight but what added more elegance was the deep bath and the many toiletries provided daily. The hotel uses exclusively the Crabtree and Evelyn products which include body lotion, shampoo and conditioner, sewing kits, shoe shines and shower caps, bath tablets, robes and slippers. The complimentary plate of fruit and a 500 ml bottle of fine red Greek wine was a nice treat which we appreciated.
In reality I am not fond at all when it comes to buffet breakfasts, lunch or dinners so we preferred the extensive continental breakfast selection of the Byzantine restaurant in the 11th floor. We tried it the first morning and noticed that it was ideal for people like us who watch our diet. It included high energy and fibre and low calorie dishes which we enjoyed and this made us feel like home.
I am closing this review with a memorable experience from the terrace of the Hotel. Athens is always beautiful and enchanting especially if you see it from above. The Galaxy Bar and Restaurant offer this exceptional, spectacular and panoramic view of the Athenian landscape extending out to the coast behind the Acropolis where some ships can be seen (weather permitting) in the distance. On the side and in short distance there is the Lycabettus hill. As it gets dark all this is transformed to magic. Under a spectacular display of stars enchanted by this unrivalled view, indulge in the stylish surroundings and feast your senses from a variety of dishes. Of course some of them are expensive but I believe you deserve this treat.
I had the chance to talk to several guests during our stay and the only negative I kept hearing was the high charge of internet (18 euro a day, or 30 Euro for 2 days). However, I urge people to check out the very low cost package which lasts until the 17th December. I am referring to the Cultural Weekend which includes tickets for 6 Museum visits, and access to the Spa and indoor swimming pool. I believe it is a bargain not to be missed!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Athens is not just a hotel. It’s a legacy in Athens. Consider the fact that a whole area is named after the Hilton and you’ll start to understand the immense name this hotel has had the past 48 years. Socialités, fashionistas, local and international celebrities, you see them here!An architectural marvel, the Hilton Athens has been fully renovated in 2003 to be able to cope with the next episode in its ever interesting life. The hotel boasts 506 spacious rooms and some of the best city views available. You can almost touch the Acropolis! Art is abundant and local artists are used throughout the hotel. Hilton Athens has the largest outdoor pool in the city center and features four restaurants and two bars. The Byzantino restaurant offers Mediterranean cuisine in a renowned atmosphere. At the Milos restaurant, you can taste gourmet Greek cuisine at its best. Aethrion Lounge is where local celebrities and politicians meet for a coffee and the rooftop Galaxy Bar Restaurant truly is the most glamorous Athenian hangout to start out or end your night, to see or to be seen. Remember; people like to dress up here! Be the VIP you are while enjoying a citywide view. The hotel is just 25 minutes away from the airport by direct subway. It features 22 meeting rooms for 2 to 1300 people, a 24-hour Business Center and an Executive Lounge with Acropolis view. For a spa getaway or some pampering time away from the real world, you can visit the Hiltonia Spa, featuring an indoor pool, a fully equipped fitness room, a Pilates studio with natural light and an endless array of health and beauty treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton EMEA, Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Cancelon, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Athens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Athens Hotel Athens
- Hilton International Athens