The Athens Hilton has been around a while but it never ceases to dissapoint. The staff is most accomodating and the facilities are top notch. The pool is probably the largest and deepest hotel pool I've ever encountered in a city hotel. The hotel is conveniently located across from the Evangelismos subway stop. I was here during the taxi strike but it was very easy to get to the hotel from the airport by subway. It's also one stop to Syntagma and two to the Acropolis. If you have Gold status on Hilton, you will be granted access to the Executive Lounge where you will be directed to check-in/out and get first class service. Plus, you will never have to buy breakfast as they serve it for free in the lounge which has a beautiful view of the Acropolis. And they serve snacks/drinks all day there. The Milos restaurant (same as one from NYC) is excellent but pricey (although they had a prix fix meal special while I was there). Freshest fish in the city.
I was upgraded to a business suite which was a huge 2 room configuration with multiple TVs and balconies. They have very good black out curtains to keep the strong Athens sun away which allows you to sleep all morning, especially helpful after a long, jet-lagged flight.
There's nothing like coming back from a day of touring and going straight to the amazing pool and ordering a cocktail poolside. I don't know of another hotel in Athens that can match this environment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Athens is not just a hotel. It’s a legacy in Athens. Consider the fact that a whole area is named after the Hilton and you’ll start to understand the immense name this hotel has had the past 48 years. Socialités, fashionistas, local and international celebrities, you see them here!An architectural marvel, the Hilton Athens has been fully renovated in 2003 to be able to cope with the next episode in its ever interesting life. The hotel boasts 506 spacious rooms and some of the best city views available. You can almost touch the Acropolis! Art is abundant and local artists are used throughout the hotel. Hilton Athens has the largest outdoor pool in the city center and features four restaurants and two bars. The Byzantino restaurant offers Mediterranean cuisine in a renowned atmosphere. At the Milos restaurant, you can taste gourmet Greek cuisine at its best. Aethrion Lounge is where local celebrities and politicians meet for a coffee and the rooftop Galaxy Bar Restaurant truly is the most glamorous Athenian hangout to start out or end your night, to see or to be seen. Remember; people like to dress up here! Be the VIP you are while enjoying a citywide view. The hotel is just 25 minutes away from the airport by direct subway. It features 22 meeting rooms for 2 to 1300 people, a 24-hour Business Center and an Executive Lounge with Acropolis view. For a spa getaway or some pampering time away from the real world, you can visit the Hiltonia Spa, featuring an indoor pool, a fully equipped fitness room, a Pilates studio with natural light and an endless array of health and beauty treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Southall Travel, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Bookgreece.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Hilton Athens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Athens Hotel Athens
- Hilton International Athens