“Great hotel”
Review of Hilton Athens

Ranked #23 of 326 Hotels in Athens
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

We stayed here for 5 nights as part of a european tour we are having! Excellent hotel, the rooms are well appointed very spacious and offering all amenities needed! The location of the hotel is very convenient as its close to major attractions and the city center! the staff is friendly however we did feel at times that they were annoyed when approaching the desk! Overall we enjoyed our stay there!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Evelyn778
athbart, General Manager at Hilton Athens, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion.

We are happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay here! Your kind input has been communicated to my team. The point you make about the attitude of some of our Front Desk colleagues has been taken into consideration and reviewed with the appropriate department head.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hilton Athens

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (674)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 26 April 2013

I was in Athens on business from April 6 - 12, 2013, and chose the Hilton over other hotels in that same part of the city primarily because I can always depend on Hilton to deliver a consistent facility and staff experience, and this facility delivered on that expectation. That said, here are my thoughts and observations based on this stay. 1) I'm not totally convinced that this is a 5-star hotel, and maybe this is based on my generally neutral stance on modern decor that in this instance, is coupled w very large and sparsely appointed spaces that makes it looks almost vacant, and most certainly uninviting. I'll chalk this up to personal preference. 2) I had zero issues w the WiFi service as it was strong and always available. 3) I ate breakfast each morning at The Byzantino restaurant and it was probably one of the the best buffet offerings that I've been presented w during my 25 years of business and personal travel. The service was flawless, and the wide varieties of traditional Greek and international morning favorites was beyond reproach in terms of both quality and taste. As you would expect, the Byzantino shared the same modern decor as the overall hotel theme, however it was much, much more warm and inviting. 4) I arrived early afternoon on Saturday, April 6, and as expected of most hotels that cater to business travelers, the hotel had very low occupancy. Since this was my first trip to Athens, I didn't have a real sense of how close I was to the Acropolis, so I did not specifically ask about having a room w that view. Big mistake. I'm a Gold Hilton Honors member and was assigned room #935 that did not face the Acropolis, and when I called the Front Desk asking for a room across the hall that an Acropolis view, I was promptly told that my corporate negotiated rate did not allow such a move. To be fair, there was a small corporate event at the hotel that started M - W that helped the hotel's occupancy, but I was staying 6 nights, and thought that my request should have been considered a lot longer than the immediate "it's not possible" that I received. In retrospect, I should have petitioned the hotel manager and pressed the issue, and in the worst case, I would have even considered paying the difference out of my pocket had I thought that the value was in line w the view. This was the very first time that I've received that kind of terse response from a Hilton facility in response to a courtesy (corporate) upgrade w a view of that particular city's landmarks, but I'll take responsibility for not taking my request further as I just completed 12 hours of air travel and just wanted to get some much needed sleep. 5) I have had the privilege of staying in many 5-star hotels across the US and abroad, however I cannot recall any of those having laminate flooring in the guest rooms. It simply cheapened the room both visually and audibly as you were reminded of that design choice w each step in the main living space as the bathroom was marble. To be fair, the king-sized bed was very comfortable, and I found the soaker tub and rainfall shower to be very welcomed assets after a long day of business meetings that were coupled w evening dinners and night time sight-seeing expeditions. 6) Aside from the room upgrade issue, I found the entire Hilton staff to be friendly, courteous, and spoke flawless English. Thank you!

2 Thank jefftrbo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Very enjoyable stay in the Hilton, the view from the rooftop bar is amazing ! My room was facing a quiet road and the quality was of a very high standard. Retaurants nearby the hotle are very good, I would Definitely recommend the Agora restaurant

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

athbart, General Manager at Hilton Athens, responded to this review, 2 May 2013
Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you for being our guest and for taking the time to share your impressions with us.

We are happy to note that you had a really nice stay here and were satisfied with the facilities and services rendered.

Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Athens
Reviewed 24 April 2013

Judging from recent stays in various Hilton hotels around Europe, I think this is easily one of the top hotels carrying the Hilton flag. Especially following the massive renovation for the 2004 Olympics in Athens, it's amazing. In the last year or so it also became really good value for money too. Excellent level of customer service and facilities, very central and convenient location. The Galaxy Bar has an amazing view of the centre of Athens, while Milos Restaurant with its creative use of top quality, exclusively sourced ingredients from unique artisanal producers all over Greece is an absolute must!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TeLeGourmet
athbart, General Manager at Hilton Athens, responded to this review, 25 April 2013
Dear Sir,

It is a pleasure and great honor to note that you consider our hotel to be one of the top in Europe. This is truly much appreciated by all of us!

Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future!

Allen, Texas
Reviewed 24 April 2013

This is a very modern style hotel catering to business travelers verses tourists. We stayed here on points after returning from a seven day cruise. We were upgraded to an executive suite that was wonderful with an oversized bathroom. Be sure to check out the rooftop restaurant and bar for an excellent view of Athens and the Parthenon!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Sir,

Many thanks for having chosen the Hilton Athens for your recent stay in our city.

We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed the comfort of your room, the breathtaking view of Athens and the Parthenon from our rooftop restaurant & bar, as well as the facilities and services rendered.

Do look forward to welcoming you back and extend once again the warm hospitality that our guests have come to expect from us over the years.

Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Stayed here for one night and would definitely go back!
The staff were very welcoming and friendly and ready to help with anything we needed.
Our room had a beautiful view to the Acropolis.

We dinned in their Galaxy restaurant and we had a fantastic night out. The views from there at night are stunning and the food was great! Again, the staff were very welcoming and looked after us very well. Just wish we could remember their names to thank them.

We also had lunch in their Byzantino restaurant. We went for the buffet option and even though we had our doubts as to go a la carte or buffet, I am glad we went for the later! The presentation of the food was lovely and there was a wide selection for cold/hot dishes as well as dessert!

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
athbart, General Manager at Hilton Athens, responded to this review, 23 April 2013
Dear Sir/Madame,

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your stay here in March.

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and will make sure to pass on your positive and warm input to our team members. Reviews such as yours motivate us to continue striving for only the very best service offered to our guests.

Do look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Athens
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Hilton Athens is a great hotel - beautiful rooms and great view if the Acropolis.
Breakfast buffet is top quality.
All staff is very serviceminded - you feel as a very welcome guest!
The close by Metro takes you two stops to center of Athens and a 40 min ride directly to airoport

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for selecting the Hilton Athens as your place of residence while visiting Athens. It is very rewarding to know that your expectations were met and that we had the opportunity to contribute to a memorable stay.

Look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.