The hotel is approx. 30 minutes transfer from the airport located at the junction of 2 main roads going into the city centre. The lobby is large, spacious with modern décor and a luggage collection service. Reception staff were efficient and spoke excellent English. Check in was relatively quick but can take up to 30 - 40 minutes at peak times. The reception area also offers access to shops, hairdresser, conference facilities and the restaurant.
Rooms are accessed via 4 elevators using the room key card. Room (707) was on the back of the hotel and had a view of the street. Rooms on the front, on higher floors of the hotel would have a view of the Parthenon. The room was spacious with a king size bed and plenty of storage / wardrobe space. Satellite TV (some English channels), tea / coffee making equipment, hairdryer, iron & ironing board were all available in the room. There was a mini bar and tray of wine & nibbles that was very expensive (€7.50 for 500ml water). The air conditioning system was good, with easy to use room controls.
The separate bath & double shower cubicle came with complimentary toiletries & bathrobe with slippers. The room had a balcony with a small table & 2 chairs. Free wi-fi is available in public areas but it costs €20 for 24 hours in the room.
For long stays (mine was 11 nights), there was an alternate sweet / savoury snack left in the room each day, which was a nice touch.
Breakfast is served in the Byzantine restaurant with an excellent choice of different types of hot / cold food & drinks. It does get very busy between 7.30 – 8.30am. The roof top bar offers fantastic views across the city, of the Parthenon and Acropolis area. There is a good choice of drinks & snacks but it is expensive.
The pool is located on the lower level and offers free sun loungers & umbrellas. A poolside bar serves drinks & snacks. The hotel spa is also on the same level. Hilton Honors guests get free access; other guests have to pay an entrance fee (€15) plus the cost of any treatments. The spa has an indoor pool, Jacuzzi, sauna and gymnasium.
This hotel is in a great location with easy access to the main historical sites of Athens. I would definitely recommend this hotel for an exceptional stay, great service and staff. Be prepared to blow the budget a bit though......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Athens is not just a hotel. It’s a legacy in Athens. Consider the fact that a whole area is named after the Hilton and you’ll start to understand the immense name this hotel has had the past 48 years. Socialités, fashionistas, local and international celebrities, you see them here!An architectural marvel, the Hilton Athens has been fully renovated in 2003 to be able to cope with the next episode in its ever interesting life. The hotel boasts 506 spacious rooms and some of the best city views available. You can almost touch the Acropolis! Art is abundant and local artists are used throughout the hotel. Hilton Athens has the largest outdoor pool in the city center and features four restaurants and two bars. The Byzantino restaurant offers Mediterranean cuisine in a renowned atmosphere. At the Milos restaurant, you can taste gourmet Greek cuisine at its best. Aethrion Lounge is where local celebrities and politicians meet for a coffee and the rooftop Galaxy Bar Restaurant truly is the most glamorous Athenian hangout to start out or end your night, to see or to be seen. Remember; people like to dress up here! Be the VIP you are while enjoying a citywide view. The hotel is just 25 minutes away from the airport by direct subway. It features 22 meeting rooms for 2 to 1300 people, a 24-hour Business Center and an Executive Lounge with Acropolis view. For a spa getaway or some pampering time away from the real world, you can visit the Hiltonia Spa, featuring an indoor pool, a fully equipped fitness room, a Pilates studio with natural light and an endless array of health and beauty treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton EMEA, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Priceline, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Bookgreece.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Athens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Athens Hotel Athens
- Hilton International Athens