There are a few things to like about this property, and many to despise. My recommendation is to stay somewhere else. But I will try to be objective. First, the good news. It's a Hilton property. So it's not going to be bad. It's clean and bright. The rooms are comfortable. The breakfast buffet is good. The property can host a small convention (which is why I was there). Okay, for the not so good stuff. Athens is not my favorite city. If you want to see the real Greece, which rocks by the way, go to the islands. Or at least the smaller cities on the mainland. Athens is a big city, crowded and noisy, over priced, with a ton of graffiti. Very few airlines fly direct to Athens, so you'll most likely have two flights to get here. I changed in Istanbul. Many of our group got stranded in Abu Dhabi. Next, this property in particular over charges. The rooms are expensive. The gym is not included. No airport shuttle, 35 euros each way. Paper in the business center costs extra. I had a pair of pants and one shirt laundered - $29. The wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling off. You can't walk to anything other than the Megaron (the large convention center) so you'll be paying for taxi every time you want to see something. Wi-fi is complimentary, but the poor bandwidth prevents you from actually using the internet. And it only works in your room. If you want wi-fi in the lobby, you'll have to pay extra for that too. A bottle of water costs 7.50 euros, the same thing sells in the islands for 0.70 euros. I would recommend this property for business (it has a professional appearance) or if you're staying on HHonors points. Otherwise, just say no.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Athens is not just a hotel. It’s a legacy in Athens. Consider the fact that a whole area is named after the Hilton and you’ll start to understand the immense name this hotel has had the past 48 years. Socialités, fashionistas, local and international celebrities, you see them here!An architectural marvel, the Hilton Athens has been fully renovated in 2003 to be able to cope with the next episode in its ever interesting life. The hotel boasts 506 spacious rooms and some of the best city views available. You can almost touch the Acropolis! Art is abundant and local artists are used throughout the hotel. Hilton Athens has the largest outdoor pool in the city center and features four restaurants and two bars. The Byzantino restaurant offers Mediterranean cuisine in a renowned atmosphere. At the Milos restaurant, you can taste gourmet Greek cuisine at its best. Aethrion Lounge is where local celebrities and politicians meet for a coffee and the rooftop Galaxy Bar Restaurant truly is the most glamorous Athenian hangout to start out or end your night, to see or to be seen. Remember; people like to dress up here! Be the VIP you are while enjoying a citywide view. The hotel is just 25 minutes away from the airport by direct subway. It features 22 meeting rooms for 2 to 1300 people, a 24-hour Business Center and an Executive Lounge with Acropolis view. For a spa getaway or some pampering time away from the real world, you can visit the Hiltonia Spa, featuring an indoor pool, a fully equipped fitness room, a Pilates studio with natural light and an endless array of health and beauty treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hilton Athens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Athens Hotel Athens
- Hilton International Athens